Leo

for as much as some people like to trash "the office", that character is pretty classic. a classic cringy dick, but a classic.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Brilliant anecdote I heard on Saturday. My mates Mark and Tom were talking about someone they both knew called Jim-Bob. Apparently he's very partial to White Lightning and once got really smashed with some guys who turned out to belong to the Sunderland branch (or cell or chapter or whatever) of the Provisional IRA, and eventually one of them said "Do you want in?" and he said "Yeah, why not?". But his mum found out and went to these guys and said "I don't approve of this at all. Can you please kick him out?"

I said "What? How can you accidentally join the IRA?. Mark just said "Yea. Jim-Bob is a bit of a prick."

We were all tripping at the time and I damn near couldn't breathe for laughing.

version

To help you over that mid-week hump, we're giving away, 5 stupendous Stingray shirts! To enter just tell us in the comments below, the 5 things you like best about Dragon Soop Stingray...

1. It makes my hair fall out in such a natural way that I don’t get ID’d whilst buying dragon soop
2.It gives me the strength to fight people that don’t even want a fight
3.statistically speaking 1/3 people will have a heart attack in their life, dragon soop helped me take one for the team so now 2 other people are safe
4.Despite point 1 dragon soop has also helped me with hair regrowth, my tongue has never been bristlier
5.dragon soop has made me alienate my whole friend circle and family so now I don’t have to support them and have more money to buy dragon soop

:crylarf:

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Him and Partridge feel like the big two. You see them in real people all the time.

On Monday someone was pointing out why calling a public address system a Tannoy (or some equivalent brand name vs generic thing) was not technically correct. I mentioned that that was a bit Partridge, and everyone stared at me non-comprehendingly. This kind of behaviour is on the loose again - everyone forgot Alan's warning from history.

Side point - why is Kate Hoey in the Labour Party again? Seems like a remarkably well-sustained practical joke.

Last edited:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
On Monday someone was pointing out why calling a public address system a Tannoy (or some equivalent brand name vs generic thing) was not technically correct.

Years ago, I used to say 'Union flag' to describe a Union jack that wasn't on a ship. Then at some point I realised I didn't want to be that sort of person, so I stopped.