martin

----
This out of office automatic reply I just received

I am away from the office. Therefore slow response is expected.

BareBones

wheezy
the guy off the Magners advert that says 'just give it to me straight, like a pear cider made from one hundred per cent... pears'

give it to you straight?
ok.
SHATUP SHATUP SHATUP SHATUP SHATUP SHATUP SHATUP SHATUP SHATUP SHATUP!!!!!!!!!! (After Jammer).

who is that guy? i'm sure it's a bloke that did some of the talking head bits in time trumpet, i thought he was really funny. obviously i think he's a total cunt now, on the basis of the magners ad.

BareBones

wheezy
oh yeah, that's him. i loved that bit in time trumpet where he's talking about how tesco was taking over sweden or something, and they change their slogan from "every little helps" to "we control every aspect of your lives"

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
The high-energy air drumming from the dude wearing big headphones on the subway this afternoon. I wish I could be unselfconscious enough to totally break out like that. :D

swears

preppy-kei
lb_EK_ssb2006-1.jpg

I think this is a demo pic for a camera or film or something... they've put together a model and a bunch of stuff a pro might photograph. But it sort of comes off like she's won the items in a poker game.

Last edited:

Client Eastwood

The high-energy air drumming from the dude wearing big headphones on the subway this afternoon. I wish I could be unselfconscious enough to totally break out like that. :D

Yeah its cool init. I still see a woman sometimes if im on a the bus to work who sings to herself quietly but loadly enough to be heard if your sat near her. Its kinda sweet, i think i might of posted about her in the bless thread.

I have been known to get overexcited at work whilst listening and do a brap brap type of thing lol.

nomadthethird

more issues than Time mag

I like Dan Savage, he's very actively pro Proposition 8, but I especially like his answer to "Now the Other Mom":

No advice for you, NTOM, but plenty of prenatal sympathy for a poor unfortunate fetus who deserves better parents or his very own miscarriage.

I will, however, hold on to your letter. I’m going to forward a copy to every doucheburst who writes in to tell me that gay marriage is wrong because every child deserves a mother and a father. Moms and dads can be great—I had a terrific set, myself—but mix-matched genitals are not enough. Kids need loving, fit, and reasonably sane parents. Having one twatted parent and one pricked parent does not guarantee a happy childhood. —Dan

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
Woah weird, that same guy writes the same column for one of the free local broadsheets in Toronto too. I didn't realize he was a household name? Sometimes I like him, though he has a tendency to turn everything into a gay issue, even if it's not a gay issue.

* edit: I'm not necessarily saying he did that there, I didn't read that one.

nomadthethird

more issues than Time mag
Woah weird, that same guy writes the same column for one of the free local broadsheets in Toronto too. I didn't realize he was a household name? Sometimes I like him, though he has a tendency to turn everything into a gay issue, even if it's not a gay issue.

* edit: I'm not necessarily saying he did that there, I didn't read that one.

Yes probably true--he's on TV all the time down here, sort of a pundit for teh gays.

scottdisco

rip this joint please
Dan Savage is a legend! he's based out of Seattle and his column is originally for the Seattle Stranger, but it is syndicated in loads of good alternative sheets across north America; i know i've read him personally in the Chicago Reader and Portland Mercury and good to hear others enjoy him in NY and T.O.

this is the column about the death of his mother.

swears

preppy-kei
If I ever actually get round to doing a club night that photo is gonna be nicked for the flyer.