craner

Beast of Burden
If you're going to take the piss, take the piss better. Not funny enough. Makes us look like brainless dicks. I heard this story on the World Service tonight, while chopping garlic and slurping Shiraz, and was waiting for the hilarious, witty name that the British public, with their famous sense of humour (the land of Galton and Simpson, for fuck's sake!), would come up with...and it was 'Boaty McBoatface'!

We are a land of twats. It's embarrassing.

Last edited:
Let me explain

enhanced-buzz-823-1381225321-10.jpg

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Makes us look like brainless dicks.

You say that like it's a bad thing...

Seriously though, I love the thoroughly demotic stupidity of it. The fact that it doesn't sound like something a professional comedian would come out with.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
OK. But it's lame.

I think we're still waiting for your suggestion, which will no doubt combine the charming irreverence of Spike Milligan, the surrealism of Flan O'Brien and the biting postmodern social satire of Chris Morris.

Leo

radiohead teases the internet blah blah blah deleted their social profile blah blah blah leading up to the release of their their new blah blah blah. ooooooohhh, a big mysterious build up, what will they do next??!!! oh yes, the drama makes ANY album so much BETTER!!

dear artists: just release your fucking records.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Every time I go to the forum front page I see Prostitution - by Benny B, like it's some fancy new fragrance coming soon to a department store near you.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
My brother does very, very high-level web programming for a living. I told him I imagine he looks like this while he's working:

iVHfwLc.gif

He said yeah, prih much.

Leo

A Plagiarism Scandal Is Unfolding In The Crossword World

A group of eagle-eyed puzzlers, using digital tools, has uncovered a pattern of copying in the professional crossword-puzzle world that has led to accusations of plagiarism and false identity.

Since 1999, Timothy Parker, editor of one of the nation’s most widely syndicated crosswords, has edited more than 60 individual puzzles that copy elements from New York Times puzzles, often with pseudonyms for bylines, a new database has helped reveal. The puzzles in question repeated themes, answers, grids and clues from Times puzzles published years earlier. Hundreds more of the puzzles edited by Parker are nearly verbatim copies of previous puzzles that Parker also edited. Most of those have been republished under fake author names.

is nothing sacred?

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/a-plagiarism-scandal-is-unfolding-in-the-crossword-world/

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
The BBC asked people what their most boring job was...

This response made me laugh out loud:

Slicing 50lb (23kg) slabs of cheese into four parts, in a room with white walls, harsh fluorescent lights, no windows and no radio... At break one day, I asked someone what had happened to my predecessor and was told that he'd picked up a slab of cheese and thrown it at the wall and nobody had seen him since. He'd been there for three months, so obviously a man of Olympic determination - I lasted around nine days. Rob, North-west UK