Leo

Pakistan govt accidentally turns ‘cat’ filter on during FB Live, leaves everyone in splits

pak-kpk-cat-fliter-live-759.jpg

https://indianexpress.com/article/t...-fb-live-starts-laughing-riot-online-5782451/

version

Errol Morris just did an AMA on Reddit and this had me chuckling:

What is the weirdest thing you have ever experienced during your film maker?

I made a film, Mr. Death, with Fred Leuchter, a Holocaust denier and electric chair repairman. We had been locked in the death chamber at a Nashville prison with Fred, a heavy chainsmoker. He had designed the chair and was explaining to us its operation. Robert Richardson was photographing and each time he turned the camera on Fred, Fred put out his cigarette. I asked, why? He said, “you have to understand: I’m a role model for children.” I guess you’d really have to have been there to truly appreciate the absurdity of this.

The Parade of the Zoomers

I saw a funny thing on Saturday night at Glastonbury.

Sitting by the West Holts stage while Jungle were rounding off their set with that big breathy number of theirs, I noticed a commotion.

The Zoomers were making their evening grand entrance to the Festival.

A parade of hundreds and hundreds of teens and kids in their early twenties were whooping and jiving, many livestreaming themselves as they capered along the path. Facial glitter, hats, neon feather boas were endemic (brandishing selfie sticks must be de trop though, didn't see a single one)

These fucking kids, a full generation below us, are EXHIBITIONISTS. They eschew faceless techno bollocks completely. It's imperative that they are seen and that the rest of us bear witness.

This simply would not have happened in the 1990s. Our lot shuffled in small groups, all sneery and contemptuous and anonymouse.
Indeed, trailing sadly in their wake shuffled a lesser number of late-millenials and older people in sensible muted garb, ambling along, unsure of themselves. Upstaged completely but not grudgingly.

Made me chuckle.

Last edited:

Leo

that feeling when you've been on vacation for almost two weeks and return to find 85 threads with comments you haven't read, never mind dozens of entirely new ones.

let me cut to the chase: has Luka found any new trousers yet?