Your preferred digital DJ system and why

Dusty

Tone deaf
Not seen that. Looks a bit plasticy.

If you have an existing mixer you could drop the idea of an all-in-one and get some older A&H Xone 1Ds. Should be able to pick them up fairly cheaply now that the newer models are out. Like this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/allen-and...sion_Mixers&hash=item19d43a3066#ht_500wt_1414

The problem with a cheap all-in-one solution is that if one bit breaks the entire thing is screwed. Buying separate parts, especially the sound card, means you can upgrade or replace things as you go along.

mrfaucet

The Ideas Train
I've been using Serato SL1 for the last few years and I've decided to upgrade it. I'd been thinking I'd get the SL3, but now I've looked into it the only difference between it and the SL2 seems to be it has one more input. Are there definitely no substantial differences between them? Obviously I'd prefer to save myself some money, but don't want to have missed something.

Benny Bunter

splashed out on this and used it at a house party last night. Never used anything like this before but it seems really good for £300 anyway

continuum

smugpolice
splashed out on this and used it at a house party last night. Never used anything like this before but it seems really good for £300 anyway

What software did you use it with? How does it interact with auto-sync? Is anyone still manually matching bpms? I'm now completely converted to auto-sync.

Benny Bunter

What software did you use it with? How does it interact with auto-sync? Is anyone still manually matching bpms? I'm now completely converted to auto-sync.

I'm just using the virtual DJ LE software that came with it cos it all maps automatically. Everything seems very easy to use and functional. I haven't even tried the auto sync function yet tbh, its all made really easy by having the bpm counters and wave forms there on screen anyway. Got nothing against auto sync though, quite nice as you can concentrate more on eqing and selecting tunes when you're not worrying about beat-matching.

Never used anything else like this before for comparison (not even cdjs) but I quite like having the jog wheels. Everything works much more smoothly than my old torq vinyl system thats for sure so I'm quite happy with it for my purposes - bedroom djing and the odd house party basically. What are you using continuum?

edit: paid 300 euros not pounds for it as i posted before. Not too bad I reckon

Last edited:

continuum

smugpolice
I'm using the free version of Virtual DJ. If I had loads of money I'd probably buy a controller but I've fiddled around with the settings so I can control it using my keyboard. Previously I could never mix in my headphones when using vinyl decks and a monitor but due to my lack of monitor I've learnt this skill while using Virtual DJ. Having used Virtual DJ a lot now I'm not sure I want to switch to anything else but will probably end up getting another USB soundcard (my phono output socket broke I while ago) and upgrade to the next up version of Virtual DJ so I can have an external monitor.