Early digi reggae

matt b

Indexing all opinion
Those Jammys ones suffer from some nasty limiting/compression. Wish i hadn't bought them now... better options for Jammys compilations are:

KING+JAMMYS.jpg

that comes w/ a short dvd too

or

dancehallroots.jpg

Which is probably the best. Great variety of riddims and artists.

seconded- compiled by ian mccann, i think

Client Eastwood

that comes w/ a short dvd too

or

seconded- compiled by ian mccann, i think

Cheers, I got the Dancehall Roots one. Ill save for the others as I have seen them about. Its a particular style of vocal (Waterhouse) that I like from that period, I mentioned it in another thread, Im not overly keen on the singjay kind of stuff.

Id love to get hold of some dubs but I guess I would have to start looking at expensive vinyl plates.

matt b

Indexing all opinion
I picked that up and found very few tunes I like on it, not really the style I enjoy.

this probably isn't the thread for you then ;)

however, if i get time, i'm going to up a new reggae mix tonight, which will feature NO 80s digital reggae.

D

droid

I picked that up and found very few tunes I like on it, not really the style I enjoy.

Well, its very much an introduction, and a bit scattergun... but Sleng teng? Herbman Hustling? No Wanga gut? Cover me? Rub a dub Soldier?

All great tunes.

datura

white collar loafer
this probably isn't the thread for you then ;)

however, if i get time, i'm going to up a new reggae mix tonight, which will feature NO 80s digital reggae.

If you've not seen, there is a lot I like, I was just very disappointed with that particular compilation.

D

droid

I'm doing a lot of audio editing in work today so i cant do it right now, but Ill record and upload it for you next week if I remember.

Its a good interview! Thanks.

D

droid

Bit of self aggrandisement though: "i never hear a one riddim album before Sleng teng":

CS310343-01B-BIG.jpg