The belated R Kelly thread...

craner

Beast of Burden
Kelly is mysteriously called 'Keith' in this song. And Nivea is not being properly supervised. I expect 'Keith' really enjoyed this video.

Amplesamples

this is amazing, particularly the last 20 seconds or so.

Is R Kelly really unaware of how absurd he is? If he is aware, it's the most finely pitched act I've ever seen.

His lyrics were always a little over the top, but in recent years he seems to have really gone for broke. Can anyone identify when he started going a little more OTT?

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
lol that bit is so good, the way he teleports backwards into the cupboard.

Audacity is the key.

I'd like to retract these comments in light of recent events - that bit wasn't good, it was sinister, and audacity was the crime.

On a serious note, is it weird that two of the biggest pop/rnb stars of all time (though of course r kelly is a mere midget to MJs colossus) were/are sexually so fucked up? Obviously, everybody knows that artists are weird, fucked up people, so perhaps it isn't weird at all. To be blessed with such talent and cursed with such libidos (perhaps because they were abused as children themselves), it's probably just random chance, but gives pause for thought.

CrowleyHead

I know I get a reputation for cracking on you a lot but the attempt to forge a connection between being child abuse victims and their sexual misconduct is really ill-thought and bumbling. Please refrain from stuff like that while trying to make sense out of the fact that you got greater enjoyment out of those songs than you felt guilt for victims you never knew until there were highly publicized Exposes.

luka

Poor corpse

:crylarf: speciLly as everyone in the world liked r Kelly before the revelations, even famous rad fem benny b and cos there are extensive well documented links between child abuse and later predatory sexuality, there's not even any basis for the attack!

luka

Makes me feel paternal, "if he's hit you son don't come crying to me, you go over there and you whack him twice as hard"

sadmanbarty

Me and corpse are going to film our pressplay video outside crowl’s local chicken shop. Do a Snapchat if us driving past his mum’s flat.

That’ll show him.

sufi

lala
I'd like to retract these comments in light of recent events - that bit wasn't good, it was sinister, and audacity was the crime.

On a serious note, is it weird that two of the biggest pop/rnb stars of all time (though of course r kelly is a mere midget to MJs colossus) were/are sexually so fucked up? Obviously, everybody knows that artists are weird, fucked up people, so perhaps it isn't weird at all. To be blessed with such talent and cursed with such libidos (perhaps because they were abused as children themselves), it's probably just random chance, but gives pause for thought.

Erm Race issues part of that picture perhaps?

Just to clarify: idk about guilt obvs, but neither state nor mob justice is exactly a level playing field, more likely to be a factor than weird random chance anyway, imho

craner

Beast of Burden
But this stuff has been fairly obvious since Aaliyah back in 1993? Did nobody else find the late in the day Lady Gaga cancellation ridiculous? She was either very stupid or very cynical.