Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 46

Thread: The belated R Kelly thread...

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    8,560

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Corpsey View Post
    lol that bit is so good, the way he teleports backwards into the cupboard.

    Audacity is the key.
    I'd like to retract these comments in light of recent events - that bit wasn't good, it was sinister, and audacity was the crime.

    On a serious note, is it weird that two of the biggest pop/rnb stars of all time (though of course r kelly is a mere midget to MJs colossus) were/are sexually so fucked up? Obviously, everybody knows that artists are weird, fucked up people, so perhaps it isn't weird at all. To be blessed with such talent and cursed with such libidos (perhaps because they were abused as children themselves), it's probably just random chance, but gives pause for thought.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,707

    Default

    I know I get a reputation for cracking on you a lot but the attempt to forge a connection between being child abuse victims and their sexual misconduct is really ill-thought and bumbling. Please refrain from stuff like that while trying to make sense out of the fact that you got greater enjoyment out of those songs than you felt guilt for victims you never knew until there were highly publicized Exposes.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to CrowleyHead For This Useful Post:


  4. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    5,078

    Default

    Poor corpse

  5. #34
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    5,078

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CrowleyHead View Post
    I know I get a reputation for cracking on you a lot but .
    The most misleading thing Iíve ever read. I thought you were about to be nice. My guard went down.

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sadmanbarty For This Useful Post:


  7. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    22,346

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sadmanbarty View Post
    Poor corpse
    speciLly as everyone in the world liked r Kelly before the revelations, even famous rad fem benny b and cos there are extensive well documented links between child abuse and later predatory sexuality, there's not even any basis for the attack!

  8. #36
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    5,078

    Default

    Surviving Crowleyhead

  9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sadmanbarty For This Useful Post:


  10. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    22,346

    Default

    Makes me feel paternal, "if he's hit you son don't come crying to me, you go over there and you whack him twice as hard"

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to luka For This Useful Post:


  12. #38
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    5,078

    Default

    Me and corpse are going to film our pressplay video outside crowlís local chicken shop. Do a Snapchat if us driving past his mumís flat.

    Thatíll show him.

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sadmanbarty For This Useful Post:


  14. #39
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    5,078

    Default

    Remix to Ignition, corpse keeps getting a kicking

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to sadmanbarty For This Useful Post:


  16. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    لندورا
    Posts
    3,205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Corpsey View Post
    I'd like to retract these comments in light of recent events - that bit wasn't good, it was sinister, and audacity was the crime.

    On a serious note, is it weird that two of the biggest pop/rnb stars of all time (though of course r kelly is a mere midget to MJs colossus) were/are sexually so fucked up? Obviously, everybody knows that artists are weird, fucked up people, so perhaps it isn't weird at all. To be blessed with such talent and cursed with such libidos (perhaps because they were abused as children themselves), it's probably just random chance, but gives pause for thought.
    Erm Race issues part of that picture perhaps?

    Just to clarify: idk about guilt obvs, but neither state nor mob justice is exactly a level playing field, more likely to be a factor than weird random chance anyway, imho

  17. #41

    Default

    But this stuff has been fairly obvious since Aaliyah back in 1993? Did nobody else find the late in the day Lady Gaga cancellation ridiculous? She was either very stupid or very cynical.

  18. #42

    Default

    Gaga exploited the shade of controversy I reckon. Until it became a criminal certainty. Cynical.

  19. #43
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    4,262

    Default

    You guys are struggling because of that shitty right wing deleuzianism that exalts the biopolitics of the racialised body over agitprop, seeing it as more organic rather than its own kind of prison where the abject choakhold of masculinity is made desirable and superseeding of the collective political consciousness. It does reinstate the cartesian dualism, but white men are able to occupy a privileged position in this Cartesianism, but it itself is not superseeded.

    It's a constant bugbear of critics isn't it. black music is a surrogate for their own raciological theorisations whereas white music is seen as just inherently for white people, but then it all becomes a text and you either get the uncritical oh it's just fat beats man or the greg tate kind of thing (i actually ain't read any tate but i can predict what his argument is) that the platonic ideal of *the text* is revolutionary, politically poignant or subversive. A lot of pop music is very, very unethical, far more than road rap which always seems to trip up critics for whatever reason.
    Last edited by thirdform; 12-05-2019 at 11:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by vimothy View Post
    I respect islamists

  20. #44
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    4,096

    Default

    I have no idea what your first paragraph means, granted I'm rather dim. can you explain your point in more basic terms?

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Leo For This Useful Post:


  22. #45
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    4,262

    Default

    it's sexuality as a jackhammer to enforce patriarchal conformity isn't it.

    Like yes the religious dualism of free your mind and your ass will follow was problematic, but at least it acknowledged the truth that race based thinking is constituted (though not exclusively) as mental constructs.
    Quote Originally Posted by vimothy View Post
    I respect islamists

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •