Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536

Thread: Hipsters: Scourge or Irrelevence

They're disrupting the chocolate industry--so of course the establishment feels threatened.

∂ R&A: That searching for the path isnít like Kerouacís search for Godís face, is it?

Rexroth: Look, thatís all a lot of talk. You donít become a saint until you lead a good life whether in Tibet or Italy or America. When the hipster picks this up, he cheapens it. I donít like hipsters. The hipster is a louse on jazz ... a mimic of jazz and Negroes who believes the Negro is born with a sax in his mouth and a hypodermic in his arm. Thatís despicable. In jazz circles itís what they call Crow Jimism.

http://poemsandpoetics.blogspot.co.u...-first_30.html

I have been following a new forum and slowly figuring out some of the good posters and lousy ones and tracking all the mega-beefs and other stuff. Some guy at this new forum has a deal where he sees all music through a lens of what hipsters think of it. Every single post is "Hipsters are into this because....." or "Hipsters think this is......" Like the whole history if music gets thrown into a prism of what hipsters think. Its the most miserable way to think of music that I've read in a long time.
    did you tronc today?

Quote Originally Posted by trza View Post
    I have been following a new forum and slowly figuring out some of the good posters and lousy ones and tracking all the mega-beefs and other stuff. Some guy at this new forum has a deal where he sees all music through a lens of what hipsters think of it. Every single post is "Hipsters are into this because....." or "Hipsters think this is......" Like the whole history if music gets thrown into a prism of what hipsters think. Its the most miserable way to think of music that I've read in a long time.

Sounds brilliant. Where is this 'new forum' of which you speak?

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    Haha! Penis beakers at the ready, lads.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

How long before hipsters realize that ramen is just fucking soup.

Me thinks, Hipsters are on the downturn. Maybe I am just not paying attention any more, but there seems to be a reduction of hipster's visibility of late. Or at least the Hispster uniform is in retreat - the younger bearded folx crew and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by firefinga View Post
    Me thinks, Hipsters are on the downturn. Maybe I am just not paying attention any more, but there seems to be a reduction of hipster's visibility of late. Or at least the Hispster uniform is in retreat - the younger bearded folx crew and all that.
    ha...you can tell you don't live in the states, firefinga! admittedly, nyc -- specifically, brooklyn -- is an extreme example but the lifestyle is alive and well in parts of every major city here. consider yourself lucky.

7 years on....and still spot on. The 2010s .... a pupculture goundhog day