Ach!

Turd on the Run
Mr E, Dillinja & Clarky - Steelers Anthem (1994) [IQ Recordings, IQ 002]

<object width="425" height="239"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip...0&color=00adef&fullscreen=1&autoplay=0&loop=0" /><embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip...0&color=00adef&fullscreen=1&autoplay=0&loop=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="425" height="239"></embed></object><p><a href="">Mr E, Dillinja & Clarky - Steelers Anthem</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user1937410">Ch0yc3</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

FairiesWearBoots

Not really jungle but I guess it's appropriate. Haven't heard any word about this one coming out, hopefully if it does it's fully legit - unlike the edtrafenical saga recently.

Out on friday, bagged mine from Redeye, its also at Chemical etc

cant quite believe its finally being released, for an old DnB head its a bit 'dead sea scrolls'

its all moved on so much since then but when you are in the right frame of mind for it, on a good system,
nothing moves you quite like this

Dr Awesome

Techsteppin'
Out on friday, bagged mine from Redeye, its also at Chemical etc

cant quite believe its finally being released, for an old DnB head its a bit 'dead sea scrolls'

its all moved on so much since then but when you are in the right frame of mind for it, on a good system,
nothing moves you quite like this

Oh Jesus.
Allah Ackbar.

When the bassline comes back I swear my eyes automatically roll back into my head.

franz

Needs more rudebwoy 96~99 drum and ma fuckin bass thread.

yeah can we have that?

i think i'd take the Trace original over that remix, but i wasn't there at the time.
i've been digging pretty hard on the Prototype years stuff lately. Any favourite radio show sets/mixes from that era for folks?

Threshold is definitely one of my favourite Dillinja tunes. same goes for City Lights by Lemon D.

Dr Awesome

Techsteppin'
yeah can we have that?

i think i'd take the Trace original over that remix, but i wasn't there at the time.
i've been digging pretty hard on the Prototype years stuff lately. Any favourite radio show sets/mixes from that era for folks?

Threshold is definitely one of my favourite Dillinja tunes. same goes for City Lights by Lemon D.

I got a load of old mixes. Will have a scuffle round later and see what I can dig up.
For the mean time:

Dr Awesome said:
10 years on...

Trace Live @ Ministry in Auckland, New Zealand [19.11.1999]

55.7MB / 128K / 1HR.

00:00 - Trace & Ryme Tyme - Frogger
01:48 - Bad Company - Sentient
06:52 - Dieselboy - The Descent (Decoder Remix)
09:53 - Drum Kru - Rigmasher
13:40 - Bad Company - Oxygen
18:00 - Ed Rush & Optical - Socom
21:01 - BC & Trace - Sneakers
22:38 - Bad Company - Brain-Scan
26:02 - Ray keith - Something Out There (BC Remix)
30:46 - Matrix - Six
31:55 - Trace & Ryme Tyme - Move
34:22 - Bad Company - 4 Days
37:55 - BC & Trace - Nitrous
42:15 - Trace - Sonar (Optical & Trace Remix)
46:40 - DJ Die - Drop Bear
48:20 - DJ Reality - Cobra
51:50 - Bad Company - Splint (unreleased)
54:20 - Digital & Spirit - Crash
56:31 - Ryme Tyme - T-Minus
59:34 - Optical & Trace - Kridian

Yes that's right. I actually meant to do this earlier in the evening but forgot.

I'm asking you to cast your mind back 10 years:

10 years ago I was 10. Completely oblivious to what was going on in AKL that same night.

Between the late 90's and the early 00's there was a brief period before the Virus sound in full took off from where No U Turn left.
This mix shows Trace, a DJ in-or just past- his prime. Affiliated with the soon to be derelict No U Turn crew he's playing here early Virus classics. Bad Company feature heavily in the track list - something that wouldn't have happened even 12 months before - as is the noticeable absence of Nico (No U Turn's head man) from the lineup. This is one of the first examples of the new wave of the Neuro sound pushing through, more funky, less militant than techstep proper. Flash forward another few months and you'll have the Nine and Kerbkrawler - but for now he's playing tracks off the as yet unreleased Socom LP.

It's a thoroughly interesting snapshot of drum and bass.

Download the mix here.

PS:

Shouts to Mike, who was my co-conspirator. I've had this MPfree for years and lost it a few weeks ago - in a flat panic I had to ask the one man I could trust with such a mission. Chur bruv.

Dr Awesome

Techsteppin'
Wrap yourself round this then.

Back story here is that apart from floating around in my hard drive from god knows where this + 2 other Trace sets were recorded as CDs and ended up with a guy called Presha. When he saw me uploading the first he checked with Trace who gave him the OK to upload the remaining two.

To TLs for these ones though:

D

droid

Link dump for JA jungle:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

rivet90210

Not quite sure where to post this (minimal dnb thread?), but Reinforced Records have announced on fb that they are releasing Enforcers 15 & 16. It seems that the cat# RIVET200 has been made use of after all, despite it being passed over in 2003. That's the first Enforcers release in about 10 years, and the first new release in about 6 years.

Featuring: D-Bridge, Ulterior Motive, BCee & S.P.Y.

Anyone care to fill me in on who the last three people/groups are?
Please, underwhelm me with what I will most likely be underwhelmed by.

Dr Awesome

Techsteppin'
Not quite sure where to post this (minimal dnb thread?), but Reinforced Records have announced on fb that they are releasing Enforcers 15 & 16. It seems that the cat# RIVET200 has been made use of after all, despite it being passed over in 2003. That's the first Enforcers release in about 10 years, and the first new release in about 6 years.

Featuring: D-Bridge, Ulterior Motive, BCee & S.P.Y.

Anyone care to fill me in on who the last three people/groups are?
Please, underwhelm me with what I will most likely be underwhelmed by.

Ulterior Motive are the new Ed Rush and Optical, BCee Colabs with SPY quite a bit, SPY himself is primarily a DJ IIRC, he tends to gravitate towards more of the liquidy\less aggressive tech sound I think.

Anywaaaaaaaaaay:

Presha said:
All vinyl, all mixed live with no rehearsal, no tracklist...comes complete with needle dust etc etc, a bit of Saturday night fun..enjoy

Big big mix by Presha (The man behind Samurai).

franz

total non-sequitur. stumbled on this listening to a SOUR comp. a little sappy, maybe a little to refined to be "jungle", but it's working for me anyway.