franz

okay... time for another id request from the middle of a mix... i'm full of those:
Woebot's Brick Door mix... apparently several years old? thanks to folks who keep this one available...
http://www.mediafire.com/?cjqjkqy9qkwr4e0

(that's from here http://thecraicpipe.blogspot.com/2010/12/round-up.html... dissensians abounding)

i'm curious about what's going on at the 35 minute mark... some really nice bouncy ragga mc vocals atop a really gorgeous piece of ambient jungle... is this a good mix or is this all one track? anyone able to spot anything in the vicinity?

Sectionfive

bandwagon house
Franz.

A quick bit of archaeology gets:

31:25 Smokey Joe: Shining Remix (Labello Blanco)
Surprising for it's 4D production, almost Deep Dish does Jungle, but look at the label! It's Labello Blanco, spelling R.E.A.L. innit!

35:17 Prizna: No Man No Bad Feat Junior Demus Grooverider Remix (KUS)
A likkle track off the Prizna LP I always liked.

Il replace that mediafire link with a zip containing the full notes for anyone lucky enough to come across it in future.
Seminal mix for me at least.

wise

bare BARE BONES
D

droid

Thanks Droid but I know that one, it was the end of Dred Bass I think, it just sounds different on the video

Ah, it is different, its the back to basics remix IIRC. The one with the mad snares...

FairiesWearBoots

Congo Natty biznizz! I've tried to find some Congo Natty mixes a while back,
I have a couple of great Nicky BM mixes from that era that have that sound, also Kenny Ken

Ory

warp drive
he missed this. my fav dillinja tune

<object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="390" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
That's a big one Ory, never heard it... Dillinja was a beast

'Angels Fell' and 'Silver Blade' and

all the ones Reynolds posted are undisputed classics though

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
Big tune obvs, but can anyone tell me where the 'rhythm is fundamental to the spirit, like the beat of a tribal drum' sample comes from?

Also this is probably obvious, but what's the name of the tune with the 'see what happens when sound effects go amiss' sample? Think it's from around late 94.
(There's def something about tunes from that period where you can get obsessed with one little bit of a sample. Guess it's because so often the tunes really are just bass, beats and samples.).