Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Jungle

And just to represent for the post-amen rinse-out de-generation, here's the original minimalist proto-2step "jazzy" choon: Alex Reece - Pulp Fiction

this is also well into the "intelligent" drum and bass era that was the beginning of the end for jungle, but it's a gorgeous tune with that sighing Burial-esque emotional lushness: Futurebound - Sorrow

Forget those other tunes, this is the only one you need:

Prizna ft. The Demolition Man - Fire

demolition man is my best mates cousin

kemet the box remix, miserable tune

yes, but the original is so fucking hype, it is frankly unbelievable:

Melbourne, Orstraylya, I love Orstraylyia, it's mai favourite place in the world besides California!

Quote Originally Posted by seelafa View Post
    I wanna know the best jungle tracks. im a teenager in america so i totally missed out on the whole of jungle. Actually i would rather you not tell me the "best" tracks because i don't want to limit myself ie i want to make up my own mind. so just give me a jumping off point.

D00d, just get one thing into yr head about jungle. It' the most significant and original Limey music of the last 20 years!! simon Reynolds should write a book on it, coz they've never done any decent music since! All British 'electronica' that is worth pissing on is derived from jungle. They finally got their own indigenous 'soul' music via jungle. Fuck the simulacrum that was Brit-pop and shoegazer, jungle is the real deal.

It's as simple as that!
    All I do now is dick around Sparks, 2006

Stuff to read on the toilet :linky

Default no junglists in dallas

well sadly no ones aware of jungle here in dallas. when people (in dallas) think UK its the sixties and Oasis, no one's aware of grime and acid house ardkore, jungle etc. most havent even heard of Burial or Dizzee Rascal.Someone should write about Jungle, i've seen simon reynolds books in the art museum. I read the one about post-punk and wait, isn't Enery Flash about jungle and stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by seelafa View Post
    well sadly no ones aware of jungle here in dallas. when people (in dallas) think UK its the sixties and Oasis, no one's aware of grime and acid house ardkore, jungle etc. most havent even heard of Burial or Dizzee Rascal.Someone should write about Jungle, i've seen simon reynolds books in the art museum. I read the one about post-punk and wait, isn't Enery Flash about jungle and stuff?
    You need to read energy flash, its a tremendous book. Especially good on hardcore and jungle in particular.

Melbourne, Orstraylya, I love Orstraylyia, it's mai favourite place in the world besides California!

Quote Originally Posted by Benny B View Post
    You need to read energy flash, its a tremendous book. Especially good on hardcore and jungle in particular.
    Yeah ENERGY FLASH is pretty much the 'psychotic reactions and carburator dung' of techno, minus the gonzo.

I used to converse online with a bloke from the legenday MOTORBOOTY magzine who was big into jungle and two-step, he was in Chicago so there was a bit if a scene there, as there was also one in New
    york, but they got a fucken scene for anything the mind can think of!
    Last edited by Buick6; 21-08-2008 at 04:15 PM.
    All I do now is dick around Sparks, 2006

Stuff to read on the toilet :linky

Congo Natty

Quote Originally Posted by DJ PIMP View Post
    still a fave amen rinse... so tidy.
    AAAOOOOOOOOOOWWWWOOOO!

personal, this used to RING OUT in the dance. JJ frost battered it. whole ep's good.

1992...remember tunes like this sounded like the planet splitting in half then

invisible man - twisted

invisible man did a few good 12"s but never became a "name"

tone tune

staying on good looking...hands in the air

peshay- piano tune

the other piano tune...terrorist of course

RICKY!

sounding kinda grimy retrospectively....ridiculous amen rinse

danny breaks - vol1

still fresssshhhh as ever

dj krust- jazz note

few metalheadz favourites

bass II dark

jah know ya big

your sound

Last edited by fokse vektaire xeven; 21-08-2008 at 10:49 PM.

droid Guest

Crack junglist murderation:

I suppose it's partly down to the production methods of the time, but this ish is so fuckin raw. i miss it

fuck i'm old

Quote Originally Posted by droid View Post
    Yeah, he kinda sunk into mediocrity with his later releases on subbase and Runnin', and then just vanished. His LP is fantastic though.
    really?
    I never knew he made an LP
    oops

droid Guest

AFAIK, the only genuine jungle collaboration with Jamaican deejays.

I was never the same after hearing the vertical bass drop on this.
    1'20 in, it's like the last sound your brain would make the moment you failed your bomb disposal practical exam

Dillinja - You Don't Know Remix (1994)

Starts off strong, but it's the mental warping bassline around 2'40 that does it
    Tribe of issachar - His imperial majesty (1997)
    Last edited by HMGovt; 30-08-2008 at 11:08 PM.

That Dillinja is so classic... the stop-start of the drums coupled with the bass is well brootl.

Another frosty Dillinja fave is Threshold... his most elegant hardstep track imo: