Benny Bunter

well sadly no ones aware of jungle here in dallas. when people (in dallas) think UK its the sixties and Oasis, no one's aware of grime and acid house ardkore, jungle etc. most havent even heard of Burial or Dizzee Rascal.Someone should write about Jungle, i've seen simon reynolds books in the art museum. I read the one about post-punk and wait, isn't Enery Flash about jungle and stuff?

You need to read energy flash, its a tremendous book. Especially good on hardcore and jungle in particular.

Buick6

too punk to drunk
You need to read energy flash, its a tremendous book. Especially good on hardcore and jungle in particular.

Yeah ENERGY FLASH is pretty much the 'psychotic reactions and carburator dung' of techno, minus the gonzo.

I used to converse online with a bloke from the legenday MOTORBOOTY magzine who was big into jungle and two-step, he was in Chicago so there was a bit if a scene there, as there was also one in New
york, but they got a fucken scene for anything the mind can think of!

Last edited:
still a fave amen rinse... so tidy.

AAAOOOOOOOOOOWWWWOOOO!

personal, this used to RING OUT in the dance. JJ frost battered it. whole ep's good.

1992...remember tunes like this sounded like the planet splitting in half then

invisible man - twisted

invisible man did a few good 12"s but never became a "name"

tone tune

staying on good looking...hands in the air

peshay- piano tune

the other piano tune...terrorist of course

RICKY!

sounding kinda grimy retrospectively....ridiculous amen rinse

danny breaks - vol1

still fresssshhhh as ever

dj krust- jazz note

few metalheadz favourites

bass II dark

jah know ya big

your sound

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EkwCsNf8uQ

Last edited:
D

droid

AFAIK, the only genuine jungle collaboration with Jamaican deejays.

gun-talk.jpg

I was never the same after hearing the vertical bass drop on this.
1'20 in, it's like the last sound your brain would make the moment you failed your bomb disposal practical exam

Dillinja - You Don't Know Remix (1994)

Starts off strong, but it's the mental warping bassline around 2'40 that does it
Tribe of issachar - His imperial majesty (1997)

Last edited:

DJ PIMP

That Dillinja is so classic... the stop-start of the drums coupled with the bass is well brootl.

Another frosty Dillinja fave is Threshold... his most elegant hardstep track imo:

mixed_biscuits

<object width="360" height="270"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="270"></embed></object>