sodiumnightlife

Sweet Virginia
just bought that 4xlp jungle comp off discogs, well psyched about it. been wanting to start making jungle vinyl purchases for a while, seems a like pretty good place to start.

sodiumnightlife

Sweet Virginia
can anyone reccomend some particularly good interviews or articles that are available online about jungle/hardcore. And if you say read energy flash I'll say i've ordered it from the library.

viktorvaughn

can anyone reccomend some particularly good interviews or articles that are available online about jungle/hardcore. And if you say read energy flash I'll say i've ordered it from the library.

Sekkle on dubstepforum upped some PDFs about 2 years ago of wicked Face or ID articles on early stuff and an interview with Goldie, all from ~93/4 I think. Maybe a nice message to him would get them for you - it's nice to read stuff away from the scholarly/continuum-theorising side of things from time to time.

If you do get them up them here please!

viktorvaughn

Nice linkage! Many thanks. I ordered both Invisible Man 12's and the Durban Poison repress about 7 days ago and they arrived here at work (in Australia) this morning. Can't argue with that :)

Is Durban Poison a Jungle label then? Cos Tricky had one of the same name...

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I couldn't really listen to jungle for ages because I listened to it too much... but now I'm back on it

Mastervibe @ Dreamscape 17

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VL9UFJSW

* Junior Demus - rough nor tough
* Liftin' Spirits - A State Of Mind [Labello Blanco]
* DJ Harmony - Let Me In [Moving Shadow]
* Omni Trio - Renegade Snares (Foul Play VIP mix) [Moving Shadow]
* DJ SS - Black [Formation]
* Notorious - Feel Love [Production House]
* Tekniq - Rewind [Formation]
* Sounds Of Life - Currents [Certificate 18]
* Photek - The Water Margin [Certificate 18]
* Doc Scott - It's Yours [Metalheadz]
* ?

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
This mix is also shower-on-toast-pie

WRONG LINK will upload later

J rolla @ clockwork (no t/l, sorry)

Last edited:
D

droid

Nice linkage! Many thanks. I ordered both Invisible Man 12's and the Durban Poison repress about 7 days ago and they arrived here at work (in Australia) this morning. Can't argue with that :)

A search on subvert central for 'interview' should throw up some good results (if you have the time to plough through the bad results.)

Last edited by a moderator:

joe.dfx

who knows...
another really informative book (and probably the most i would think) is

Belle-Fortune, Brian. All Crew Muss Big Up: Journeys Through Jungle Drum & Bass

really really good read. pretty much read it cover to cover in one afternoon.

D

droid

another really informative book (and probably the most i would think) is

Belle-Fortune, Brian. All Crew Muss Big Up: Journeys Through Jungle Drum & Bass

really really good read. pretty much read it cover to cover in one afternoon.

Yeah - tis good until it goes from reminiscing to talking about (relatively) up to date developments, when he fails to make any comments on the development of the music and just bigs everything up.

Kinda like a Marxist writing about the Russian Revolution and then coming back during the Stalinist terror to gush about the glories of the USSR as if nothing had changed in the meantime...

gumdrops

could someone tell me what jungle track sampled the redman line "Raw to the floor raw like Reservoir Dogs"? its really bugging me.

hint

party record with a siren
could someone tell me what jungle track sampled the redman line "Raw to the floor raw like Reservoir Dogs"? its really bugging me.

The Dream Team - Raw Dogs on Joker Records.

There was a Shy FX remix too.