catalog

The GAN approach I mentioned in other thread is a way. You would hum a tune and the machine would make it for you and fill in some bits. And it's all sonic based not through a visual environment.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
As someone who isn't white it treats me like a moron, in the audience reception of it. Oh look we're going to shock the whites join in. and I'm like no? because what good will it do if Phillip Sherburne pisses his pants in the club?

catalog

Alot of the ideas are supposed to be confessional and deep looking inside but actually they are not really, they are quite shallow. And based upon what someone would want you go say and is a bit trendy.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
if you're going to confront people do it through music (noise can be music.) But not through some kind of audio mocumentary.

woops

is not like other people
i have actually bothered to listen to chino rabit 1 track and while i can imagine it might be good as the soundtrack to an army of cartoon robots marching while a volcano erupts as "music" it sounds like a horrible messy splurge

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
"that's good shit, beatin down dark souls dragons."

Yeah exactly. So why not just listen to the sounds of the real thing.

catalog

Rabit is someone I've wanted to like but it's not happened for me. He did those screwed and chopped bits and there was the odd good one bug really just underlines what I said above ie anything good is a version or remix, a dub. Spinning off from something else, a commentary.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
i have actually bothered to listen to chino rabit 1 track and while i can imagine it might be good as the soundtrack to an army of cartoon robots marching while a volcano erupts as "music" it sounds like a horrible messy splurge

Yep. It's just loops with no purpose outside of the world creation mythos.

catalog

But some of the messy splurge does sound better in the club, like a lot of the noise and industrial elements come alive a bit more in a cold warehouse at 2am in the dark when they are really loud and all the doors are shaking

woops

is not like other people
it's like someone has thought before hand "if i have a spooky sinister arpeggio, a spooky sinister voice, and a load of glass smashing it will definitely sound wicked" without taking the time to listen to the results and think it actually sounds like rubbish

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
But some of the messy splurge does sound better in the club, like a lot of the noise and industrial elements come alive a bit more in a cold warehouse at 2am in the dark when they are really loud and all the doors are shaking

Yes but you can do that in a dj mix approach, like I do. and whats more, it has progression, peaks, troughs.

woops

is not like other people
most things sound better or at least more impressive really loud [when you're wasted]

catalog

One thing I liked about that waterfall/fountains piece of spoke word I put up the other day is that ig feels like he's listened to it a bit, thoroughly engaged. It's not so random. Similarly croww with the slipknot refs.

catalog

most things sound better or at least more impressive really loud [when you're wasted]
Yes that's true, it's the same sound design thing isn't it. Like the environment does the work, the sound just needs to fit.

But honestly the mesh they got in thd white hotel was amazing for that summer of 2017. I wanna go back now actually, after last night generic club experience, to see what they're doing.