thirdform

pass the sick bucket

hannahsurman January 18, 2011

referencing Vexxed / Chill Out, 12", PCS 002
This has to have a comment on. What an amazing tune this is. Vexxed is a early jungle tune that builds well to remain interesting throughout. Turn over the record and Chill Out is a piece of class. It is way beyond its time and uses sounds that weren't around on many other tunes of the time. The main drop on it is really head mashing material and would sound amazing on a massive system. You could say a lot of the future drum and bass was first heard here. Big up DJ Fokus.
Reply Notify me 4 Helpful

that Chill Out tune is basically a perfect demonstration of what I'm saying about 93 darkside being an avant-lumpen just4uLondon influence of dub. The bassline bumps like ragga in a negative space, but it's entirely a jungletechno tune.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket

This is the one off tearin vinyl I played in one of my mixes. Very crisp breaks, one of the hardest tunes for 94, a bassline half way between 92-93 and 94, but with that ragga jungle flavour. If the subgenre didn't use so many unedited amens it probably would have been able to endure the storm of 95-96. But then one could say the appeal of ragga jungle was that it was very DiY, very low budget, even compared to 92-93 tunes which at least required a dj to take it to a studio to add synth bits or get it engineered.

Still stands today as a colossal force.

gremino

Moster Sirphine
Something different:

Enter the AV journey. Not your usual DJ video mix with only footage of deejaying. Here, I have added visuals, so it’s more interesting to watch the whole video: footage from my local area, graphics, simple 3D anf FXs.