version

I check Hard Wax from time to time to see what the new jungle and d&b tunes are and so much of it's that greyscale techno-inflected stuff. I like some of it, but it gets dull quick. A good amen track popping up can feel like water in the desert.

dilbert1

There’s some serious segregation in the scene between ‘new’ jungle/dnb and the oldskool-inspired stuff. Two camps that don’t speak to each other even though they love the same old tunes. Hard to say who’s less fresh sometimes but a decent tune from the latter lot beats out any banger amen or not from the former IMO. The veterans tend to be partisan to the new shite sound and take no apparent notice. Maybe they’re weirded out by facsimile. Doesn’t seem to be much crossover whatspever, maybe with lineups at Rupture or something

dilbert1

Gotta listen later, wouldn't even be able to hear them over the bait ass playlist in this godforsaken bar. No jungle on tonight sadly

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
I check Hard Wax from time to time to see what the new jungle and d&b tunes are and so much of it's that greyscale techno-inflected stuff. I like some of it, but it gets dull quick. A good amen track popping up can feel like water in the desert.

you're looking in the wrong place.

Check Code's biweekly subtle audio shows on jungletrain. yorobi also good, rupture sometimes etc. But mainly Code.

Fracture and Flight on rinse/kool.