Tanadan

likes things
I'd quite like to chime in here with a good word for London Elektricity - I think he has a very different vibe from the rest of current dnb, and his music has that enveloping beats-and-bass sound that all good 'nuum stuff has. The Power Ballads album my favourite.

craner

Beast of Burden
bingo beats
liquid dnb

Ugh, these names are grotesque! Surely the music can't be any good if it gets given names like that.

Last edited:
D

droid

A thread over on SC prompted some 'best jungle artist LP' lists - heres mine:

Gerald - Black Secret Technology
Goldie - Timeless
Springheel Jack - There are Strings
Bay B Kane - Guardian of Ruff
Shy FX - Just an Example
Foul Play - Suspected
Marvellous Cain - Guntalk
D'Cruze -Control
4 hero - Parallel Universe
T Power - Self Evident Truths

mixed_biscuits

Origin Unknown - Speed of Sound
Jonny L - Sawtooth
Omni Trio - The Deepest Cut

rivet90210

Thought I'd sign up to add somthing..... Hello all.

About the jungle with a 2-step feel. I quite like this release in this way, it's 2000 and tech, but it's interesting: http://www.discogs.com/release/9540
I think the Speedlincs label had a ukg link anyway(?) Might be a bit obscure though.

craner

Beast of Burden
I don't think there are any good jungle LPs are there? Wasn't it beside the point?

I do know that aged 15 in Swansea I managed to track down this and this, and they remain two of my most treasured possessions, both for the music and the nostalgia value. And, blimey, they're 4 four grubby, scratched slabs of vinyl now. I couldn't sell them even if I wanted to.

D

droid

Like reggae/dancehall, long playing jungle is defined by the compilations sure, but that doesn't mean that there weren't a few good artist albums. Some of the albums on that list were my introductions to the genre, and most of them still stand up IMO.

zhao

there are no accidents
Thought I'd sign up to add somthing..... Hello all.

About the jungle with a 2-step feel. I quite like this release in this way, it's 2000 and tech, but it's interesting: http://www.discogs.com/release/9540
I think the Speedlincs label had a ukg link anyway(?) Might be a bit obscure though.

thanks!

The Panacea - Low Profile Darkness

YES. the definitive and un-equaled dark-side album for me. have problems with the typography but the cover alone...

BinaryCacheServlet

zhao

there are no accidents
and since we going down nostalgia lane... oh god... the first jungle tune i ever heard was that remix of the "Love Story" melody... to be sure it was the most intense thing the 14 year old me'd ever heard.

rivet90210

Well if you are mentioning Panacea's LP then I'm mentioning Christoph De Babalon's 'If You're Into It, I'm Out Of It' LP.
A masterpiece, but possibly stretching the thread's subject. This LP did more for me than most to be honest. There's ambient and either end of the bpm spectrum, but it's all a jungle thing to me -unlike the rest of dhr.

zhao

there are no accidents
Well if you are mentioning Panacea's LP then I'm mentioning Christoph De Babalon's 'If You're Into It, I'm Out Of It' LP.
A masterpiece, but possibly stretching the thread's subject. This LP did more for me than most to be honest. There's ambient and either end of the bpm spectrum, but it's all a jungle thing to me -unlike the rest of dhr.

oh absofuckinglutely. i loved that one too back in the day. especially this one industrial-hiphop track... SO ILL. and that fucked up DHR production, often just lazy, but worked so well on this one. i remember playing it at this advertising party and clearing the floor back in 2000...

rivet90210

The gap between his work and everything else on dhr is big. Even in the fucked up production department cdb was on some other road -and yeah, def a lazy thing.

In fact, I don't think I own a single non-cdb dhr record......

Have you heard that split 12" he did on his label Cross Fade Enter Tainment? IMMENSE.

D

droid

and since we going down nostalgia lane... oh god... the first jungle tune i ever heard was that remix of the "Love Story" melody... to be sure it was the most intense thing the 14 year old me'd ever heard.

'Black' by DJSS...

I remember when Panacea made the shift from noisecore/power electronics. The day he was accepted as a D+B artist was the day I realised all hope was lost for the genre...

zhao

there are no accidents
'Black' by DJSS...
no that's not it:

pretty sure it was the first tune on this (crappy in hindsight) comp -- i remember playing it for my parents as they like Love Story, both film and song, and the wince on their faces hahaha :D

R-150-454913-1171916793.jpeg

http://www.discogs.com/release/454913

YES! HERE IT IS!!! (i'm such a dork sometimes)

I remember when Panacea made the shift from noisecore/power electronics. The day he was accepted as a D+B artist was the day I realised all hope was lost for the genre...

you mean after the Low Profile period when he started doing puke-worthy diva-vocal anthems?

Last edited: