droid

Not so sure about that, there's plenty of 12" bangers but he went to a lot of effort to do something cohesive - getting deejays in to revoice old tunes. The Frankie Paul and Pliers tunes for example.

droid

The D'Cruze LP kicks the shit out of the T-Power and throws it down the stairs though...

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Yeah but the rufige cru/metalheads stuff was proper schizophrenic and deranged, especially knowledge off the terminator ep. so was 4hero to an extent but students of the future/the power and even the element had a rolling nimbleness to them.

Speaking of compillation albums, anyone got that brainkillers cassette mix of the kemet crew champion jungle sound release?

Pearsall

Prodigal Son
Not so sure about that, there's plenty of 12" bangers but he went to a lot of effort to do something cohesive - getting deejays in to revoice old tunes. The Frankie Paul and Pliers tunes for example.

ah, I guess I should have pulled it out and listened to it before commenting! ;) it's been a while since I listened to it

Benny Bunter

Speaking of compillation albums, anyone got that brainkillers cassette mix of the kemet crew champion jungle sound release?

Not sure if its what you mean but I've got mp3s of this album/compilation that I nicked off the internet somewhere, but its not mixed (some of them seem to fade out or end early though)?

I absolutely love it.

This is my fave I think:

Last edited:

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
if you're unfamiliar, for a bit of back story go look at the drone thread

the ne plus ultra of menacing drone jungle

Pearsall

Prodigal Son
Apparently parts of the Kemet/3rd party back catalogue are going to be repressed:

if that doesn't work (not sure if that's a public or private group), then here's the screenshot:

john eden

male pale and stale
1. Self Evident Truth Of An Intuitive Mind
2. Black Secret Technology
3. Timeless

I've not heard Parallel Universe but did mildly enjoy "Two Pages" for the first time a few years back when I was drunk and had found it in a charity shop.

Timeless brings back a lot of happy memories for me.

1. Self Evident Truth Of An Intuitive Mind
2. Black Secret Technology
3. Timeless
4. Parallel Universe

It's quite good on two listens. Some of the beats on the first few tracks are a bit clunky imo which, I was surprised by. Gets better after that.

Pearsall

Prodigal Son

a rare example of new skool jungle/dnb with obvious grime influences. as I mentioned in the techno thread:

totally agree with you here, this is one of those things I find a little perplexing about much (but not all!) jungle revivalism - it basically ignores the subsequent 25 years of musical history. why the same old vocal samples, for example? I don't think I've ever heard one of these jungle revivalists sample Wiley or Dizzee Rascal, let alone any newer or lesser-known UK mc.

craner

Beast of Burden
My mate brought the DJ Rap album. It was a collection of crap remixes of her great tunes and some underwhelming new tunes.

Yet she was responsible for some of the most gorgeous and slamming jungle tracks of all time.

craner

Beast of Burden
Sidelined by "The Jungle Council" though, because she played M-Beat and General Levy despite their fatwa. Or was it that?

droid

Yeah, death threats and all.

The LP is better than that review though. Some duff tunes, but worth it for Ruffest Gunark, Spiritual Aura rmx and The Drum.

A Mad Up
B Abyss
C1 Losing Control
C2 Burning Love
D1 Spiritual Aura (Angel Mix)
D2 Two Lovers
E1 The Drum
E2 Roughest Gunark
F1 See The Future
F2 Baby Don't Keep Me Waiting

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
so, everything about this record indicates it should be terrible. ca. 96 Peshay, on Mo Wax, remixing a trip hop song that would later become famous after featuring in The Matrix

and yet... (the drums come in @2:25)

Pearsall

Prodigal Son
I disagree that it should be terrible - what was wrong with Peshay's output in 95/96? He did some great tunes then.

Last edited: