Recommend me some psychedelic films

nochexxx

harco pronting
A guy I know translated it for me. I'll lend you my copy when I get it back off DannyL (hint hint). nb There are several versions of the film, the one I've got is the extended version in three parts and I guess it's the most complete version of the director's vision.
I also watched another film by Gabor Body recently called American Torso - strange film strangely shot.

sounds like this artifact needs to be bootlegged asap, in fact i'd be a little worried knowing that i borrowed yr master. perhaps danny l knows how to rip it along with subtitles.

DannyL

Wild Horses
A cursory google makes it sound very simple - just a matter of downloading Handbrake and your away, it seems. Will watch the rest of that tonight Rich - it is very good, but sufficeintly challenging that I've been saving it until I feel I can give it my full attention.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Crikey, I can't believe that that last post was written by a teacher - go and stand in the corner and face the wall.

mms

sometimes
this is pretty fun

alucarda
mexican nunsplotation

here is a good one from the brits

killers moon
very daft

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
is Avatar a psychedelic film?

should i bother seeing it?

if so, should i see it 3-d? Imax?

I guess it's psychedelic in that it feels like you feel if you're very stoned or tripping watching a screen, you actually go beyond the proscenium arch of the screen, I'm not sure that that's enough for it to be labelled psychedelic though. It looks aaamaaazing and in it's own way is as important as Disney's Snow White was, it's definitely the future of seeing.

See it in 3-D, IMax if the sound is any good, the sound at our IMax in London is shite.

Shame the actual film and story is shite, because it really does look amazing, and it's worth seeing because of that.

petergunn

plywood violin
I guess it's psychedelic in that it feels like you feel if you're very stoned or tripping watching a screen, you actually go beyond the proscenium arch of the screen, I'm not sure that that's enough for it to be labelled psychedelic though. It looks aaamaaazing and in it's own way is as important as Disney's Snow White was, it's definitely the future of seeing.

See it in 3-D, IMax if the sound is any good, the sound at our IMax in London is shite.

Shame the actual film and story is shite, because it really does look amazing, and it's worth seeing because of that.

i saw it very very high and really enjoyed it... the end battle scene was on some next level shit, all those little random flickers of fire... the plot is indeed some simplistic, childish, bullshit, but as a spectacle rather than a story, it's sick... i did shell out for Imax 3-d and it was worth it... can't imagine i'd ever see it again tho...