great old school insults

swears

preppy-kei
This thread reminds me how schoolkids could be so outragously spiteful (I had my moments, btw) and you wouldn't bat an eyelid. I remember having cheapo rugby boots because I only wore them every two weeks for PE, and as I was walking back from the fields some chubby kid (who I'd never spoken to before in my life) coming in the other direction just spits out "Those boots are SHIT!", his face completely filled with disgust, not even joking or smirking. And I didn't flinch, it was par for the course. Probably said things as mean myself at times.

bassbeyondreason

Chtonic Fatigue Syndrome
Doylum
Glebe (Highly localised I think, came from the name of the local special school)
"You've dropped your gay card"

and best of all:

PERSON 1:(PERSON 2'S name)
PERSON 2: What?
PERSON 1: Stamps his name on the lightbulbs

Still completely baffling.

Leo

tres sexist/non-pc taunt:

"hey, tell your mother to stop changing the color of her lipstick, i've got a rainbow on my dick."

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
'dinlow' ("idiot")
'spanner' (ditto) (Edit: oops, said that one already)
'moose' ("ugly": female only, c.f. 'munter')
'quipper' ("gay")
'scoper' ("spastic")

Last edited:

Sinko

on the abstract tip - "has your budgie died?" for those unfortunate souls who've outgrown their trousers.

edit - according to urbandictionary it was because your trousers looked like they were at half mast.

woops

is not like other people
just a guess but

Maybe person 2 is too poor to replace lightbulbs if they get nicked and labels them to avoid such an unfortunate circumstance?

If you think this is wrong, just bear in mind that my cousin's in the army, and i'm going to get him to shoot you.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
'Stig' (from Clive Kings children's classic, 'Stig Of The Dump') was a great catch-all term for anyone deemed poor, dirty or otherwise unfashionable. Of course, someone could be goaded into stiggish behaviour by, for example, throwing their pencil case in a bin, resulting in a chorus of "Eurr, stig!" when they retrieved it.

Last edited:

mos dan

fact music
spaced was actually particularly good at resurrecting playground insults.

i think tim at various points says "you fanny" and best of all "you fucking plum"

Pestario

tell your friends
Maybe person 2 is too poor to replace lightbulbs if they get nicked and labels them to avoid such an unfortunate circumstance?

If you think this is wrong, just bear in mind that my cousin's in the army, and i'm going to get him to shoot you.

bit of a mental leap that one.

At my school calling someone Barry was all the rage, especially in a long drawn out "baaaarrrrrryyyyyy"

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Ooh, just remembered an insult that had great currency in Year 9: "You have your dad". Because merely accusing a boy of having his own mum isn't insulting enough, you see.