Neo-Nazi forum hacked

STN

sou'wester
The erstwhile Mrs STN saw a geezer in a Skrewdriver t-shirt at the cashpoint in Stoke Newington. Very true.

zhao

there are no accidents
The erstwhile Mrs STN saw a geezer in a Skrewdriver t-shirt at the cashpoint in Stoke Newington. Very true.

i've always wondered about the reggae band of the same name... which came first? and were they aware of the other one when the second one chose its name? maybe should go in the questions always wanted to ask thread... stelf? eden?

STN

sou'wester
Though we assume Jerry Hitler had had a few light ales when he came up with that name.

john eden

male pale and stale
It's going to be a real set back for them - all those people on the list who said thing about their jobs, why would anyone trust a party like that who can't control its data?

Hilarious stuff on that NW blog, people panicing and asking people to check if their name is on the list before the link was widely circulated.

Then a bunch of chancers coming on saying "Can you check if Ben Dover is on the list?" and so on.

crackerjack

Confirmation that this is an ex-supporter, not a leftwing hacker.

The BNP leader, Nick Griffin, claimed today that he knew the identity of the person who published the list, describing him as a "hardliner" senior employee who left the party last year.

"He didn't like the direction the party was going and broke away, taking the list with him," Griffin told BBC Radio 4's Today programme.

I guess this means Collett - has he actually left the party?

john eden

male pale and stale
Confirmation that this is an ex-supporter, not a leftwing hacker.

I guess this means Collett - has he actually left the party?

I think Collett is still involved. A whole bunch of people have been in and out of the BNP, it's like a revolving door.

There is a quite a large anti-Griffin contingent both in and outside of the party.

Various names are being thrown about but I didn't recognise any of them.

john eden

male pale and stale
Is a Mr. R. Sole on the list?

More than one, I think. :)

This will be especially bad news for the people who are listed as not wanting to be sent any magazines because they are scared they might lost their jobs.

Griffin was spinning it on the Today Programme by saying people will now realise that their membership doesn't just consist of skinheads, but people with jobs, businesses etc. I don't think being outed as a BNP member will be good for business in most cases however.

sufi

lala
just revelling in all this, was checking the list on wikileaks last night

griffin blustering on breakfast telly about 'treachery' & a sunny morning and all's right with the world :D

theguardian said:
The BNP leader admitted the party was relying on the Human Rights Act, based on EU legislation, which it opposes, to try to protect the privacy of its members.
HAHAHAHA!

theguardian said:
the name of one lapsed member from Gillingham, Kent, is the note: "Objects to being told he shouldn't wear a bomber jacket."

HEHEHEHE!!!

sufi

lala
It will be interesting to see what (if any) response from activists on the left;
i mean, is there any group concerned and actually organised and committed enough to even go thru the list and out Police or other Public Sector employees...?
are people in this country really capable of engaging with individual BNP members in their community?
i could see addresses on the list within a couple of hundred meters from my door

craner

Beast of Burden
Poor old Dyfed-Powys police have got dragged into it. This was just fantastically rich: "[Griffin] told the BBC's Today programme the party would be using the Human Rights Act to try to protect the identities of its members."

This doesn't quite have the precise and uncanny comic genius of ex-tennis star Buster Mottram infiltrating UKIP and offering an electoral alliance on behalf of the BNP, but it's fantastic entertainment all the same.

crackerjack

i mean, is there any group concerned and actually organised and committed enough to even go thru the list and out Police or other Public Sector employees...?

Searchlight?

Is the list still around? Can anyone link it? I would certainly like to have a look.

Saw it last night on some blog, but didn't have time to scan for e2 addresses last night and it's gone now. Technically speaking, linking would be a breach of data protection, tho i still have space in my pms if anyone wants to send me a message about some random subject or other.