on the London FM dial ?

wonk_vitesse

radio eros
Just thought i'd see if anyone is hearing any good stuff these days on the London pirate FM dial,

I've just tuned to about 100.3FM which in theory should be classic FM but seems to be a mix of new 2step, dirty dubstep and just about everything in between. The MC has just stepped off the set of the latest Guy Ritchie movie > 'Shut Up' but it's all good stuff. :p

The last couple of years i've not really been really moved by the pirates.

mos dan

fact music
100.3 is rinse :)

100.4 now i believe :)

it amused me on grimeforum yesterday that logan said 'tonight's show starts at 11.00, but with the guests i've got on you might think it was 9.23'

and none of the grime kids realised this meant a reference to deja 92.3

UFO over easy

online mahjong
oh i thought it switched back for some reason

sounds like he'd got rinse anyway - doesn't seem likely that there could be two cockney geezers chatting over dubstep within one point of each other :D

Tyro

The Kandy Tangerine Man
oh i thought it switched back for some reason

sounds like he'd got rinse anyway - doesn't seem likely that there could be two cockney geezers chatting over dubstep within one point of each other :D

100.4 where I am.

Oops! it's gone again.Back to the live stream!

Ach!

Turd on the Run
I've just tuned to about 100.3FM which in theory should be classic FM but seems to be a mix of new 2step, dirty dubstep and just about everything in between. The MC has just stepped off the set of the latest Guy Ritchie movie > 'Shut Up' but it's all good stuff.

I think that was Beezy, I was listening to him in the car. Completely deranged but actually quite compelling. I haven't heard him for years. The DJ was good, the dubstep he was playing was very melodic, and one track had a gorgeous full vocal. Anyone know which DJ is was (9-11pm on Tues)?

I was just listening to bashment on Hav It 99.1 FM, the presenter was quite charismatic too.

99.4 = house 24/7, funky or whatever you want to call it.

I GOT THE 92.3!! Bunch of ignorant bastards, swear to god.

Transpontine

history is made at night
Here's a summary I did at Transpontine (my South Londonist site) of pirates picked up in New Cross that day:

- Metrolove (92.2 fm) - soul, r'nb, hip hop, ragga - back on air despite being raided recently. According to this week's Mercury (13/8), it had been broadcasting from a garage behind the Jasmine House Estate , Wickham Rd in Brockley until Ofcom raided it on 7 August, taking away £5,000 of equipment including a sound system due for use at Notting Hill Carnival;
- Unknown fm (90.6 fm) has been going for 10 years, with a diet of every kind of house music. And unlike some pirates which seem to exist mainly to promote events and club night, the focus really is on the music.
-Rinse fm (100.4 fm) has been broadcasting for 14 years and is one of the best places to keep up with the latest mutations in London dance music (grime, dubstep, funky etc.)
- Selectuk (99.4 fm) - more house and garage.
- Xtreme (101.8 fm) - soulful house.
- Freeze (92.7 fm).
- Live fm (101.5 fm) .