CERN Large Hadron Collider big bang experiment

hucks

Your Message Here
Haha, some retard on the bbc's HYS is claiming "Einstein was wrong" about how nothing can go faster than light, as the two beams are travelling at 99.9999...% the speed of light and collide head on so each beam's speed relative to the other is 199.99..98% the speed of light. He ends "Q.E.D", which as everyone knows automatically makes you correct. :rolleyes:

I think I need Mr Tea to explain this to me tomorrow so I can understand it today.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I think I need Mr Tea to explain this to me tomorrow so I can understand it today.

I heard about this. My guess would be miscalibrated instruments.

Edit: hahaha, love the caption on the image - "Neutrinos, like the ones above..." - neutrinos are invisible even to particle detectors. Very, very occasionally they interact with a bit of matter and the particles that result from this can be tracked, but there's no way you can "photograph" a neutrino as that caption suggests.

If it's true it would imply that these neutrinos - the superluminal ones - have imaginary mass.

Last edited:

you

yeah, lady on R4 suggested it's probably something going wrong in the inter-calibration of the timing instruments. I reckon Bolt would still smash em to pieces if he really tried.....