can't believe how bad the Libertines are

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Also in their defence (for Luka) is I bet they introduced a lot of young twerps to Blake and the like

We woz so naive back then. if only I could have pled our case!

luka

yeah a pro poetry stance is probably for the good overall.... ive never heard a single one of their songs anyway i dont think. just some boring skaghead with a face like a soft potato

CORP$EY

no mickey mouse ting
my life is a story of embarassment recollected in tranquility (only, even in tranquility i'm probably doing something i'll later be embarrassed about)

i've gone through so many cringeworthy stages as a music fan alone that it doesn't bear thinking about

forclosure

last year i was on the way to a DJ Stingray/Helena Hauff back to back down Bethnal Green made a cut through this alleyway to see on my right handside the wall was covered in "The Libertines" and song lyrics in black pen marker

It was funny and sad to think about cause i knew then are there that there were people who probably swore by The Libertines who wouldnt dare admit they were fans of them now (some of the people at the ting i was at were probably into them)

just felt like sharing this story

forclosure

In a way the way the NME talked about The Libertines and all the other bands who they said were part of this "scene" that didnt exist (seems like the Yanks were into this idea around the same time but with the strokes) is why i dont blame Americans for not taking English hype seriously, overblown swagger for weedy guitar rock that even at its most aggressive comes off as soft and ineffective.

These brehs who once upon a time used to say grime was music only chavs with no taste listened to yet meanwhile Pete Dohtery bunnin up crack rocks in the back of a van is meant to be meaningful and as rock and roll as Jim Morrison dying in a bath tub, fuck out of here.

It baffled me to believe when i was hanging out with punks down South London to realise that there were some sad people up north and in dead provincial towns who took them seriously probably because they wanted a way out from whatever dead suburban wasteland they were living in.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Also in their defence (for Luka) is I bet they introduced a lot of young twerps to Blake and the like

I scanned this and thought "Hang on, isn't he that pop rapper everyone here hates?" and then was like, oh, Blake.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
my life is a story of embarassment recollected in tranquility (only, even in tranquility i'm probably doing something i'll later be embarrassed about)

i've gone through so many cringeworthy stages as a music fan alone that it doesn't bear thinking about

Genesis. or Ozric Tentacles. or shpongle. spill the beans.

Can't get lower than children of the bong.

luka

Genesis. or Ozric Tentacles. or shpongle. spill the beans.

Can't get lower than children of the bong.

corpse was talking about wanking to girls aloud videos the other day lol that's not as bad as ozric tentacles tho just normal healthy adolescent behavior

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
corpse was talking about wanking to girls aloud videos the other day lol that's not as bad as ozric tentacles tho just normal healthy adolescent behavior

Was I? Lol

Yeah I have though, cheryl most off the chain Geordie ever outside of byker grove

luka

true. i was too old for girls aloud. barely remember them except obviously ashley cole married the toilet racist then they divorced and she got remixed by ill blu

luka

also im an intellectual so im usually deep in thought and the gaudy ephemera of modern life doesnt make much impression on me.

craner

Beast of Burden
K-Punk in his Cicero-like 'Pro Girls Aloud' epideictic never actually adressed the toilet racism.

droid

Best Cheryl Cole moment was when they photoshopped her into a Nicki Minaj and WillIam video.