Dalston/Hackney/Stokey news

run_time

Does anyone know what happened on Stoke Newington High St over the w/end that saw forensic team out in full force?

cresp

Does anyone know what happened on Stoke Newington High St over the w/end that saw forensic team out in full force?

I asked at the shop at the top of my road. Apparently a drunken, stabby fight involving bottles. One person was critical, but that's the last I've heard of it.

Certainly not the best thing to see on a Saturday morning stroll for the papers.

STN

sou'wester
Hmmm, well I got the news from a reliable source... Anyone confirm?

I doubt leaving the place boarded up would affect the ambiance much anyhow.

cresp

When I walked past it last night, it looked completely back to normal.

Almost like the patrons were involved in some sort of 'extreme lock-in'.

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
Does anyone know a barbers / hairdressers in the Stokey / Finsbury Park / Newington Gree area that can deal with men with more than an inch of hair and doesn't think that layers are a) people who build brick walls or b) for poofs? Everywhere I've seen around there looks like they'd be happier with a clipper cut...

mos dan

fact music
yeah the yucatan is back with a vengeance! been open a couple weeks at least now. i watched arsenal do over chelsea in there last sunday, with the usual mix of kids, nigerians, turks, jews, irish, and other miscellaneous arsenal fans... :D

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Seeing as this very parochial thread exists, gonna make best use of it....

Can anyone recommend a decent (really nice if possible!) bar in Dalston. I'm thinking a place to take a date if one would like to impress....somewhere fun with possible dancing would be ideal, after dinner at Mangal Ocakbasi .... :)

john eden

male pale and stale
Oh yeah I forgot about this thread.

can't help with cool places in dalston tho.

but, woolies in stoke newington is going to turn into an Iceland.

And there is a bye-election in stoke newington central shortly.

Predictions: the greens will fuck it up, nu lab win. Nusret Sen will provide the best manifesto and entertainment.

luka

nah but i know a barbers in hackney you can buy punk at....
and layers are for poofs aren't they? whats wrong with clippers?

IdleRich

IdleRich
"Can anyone recommend a decent (really nice if possible!) bar in Dalston. I'm thinking a place to take a date if one would like to impress....somewhere fun with possible dancing would be ideal, after dinner at Mangal Ocakbasi .... "
Um, that's difficult, I guess there is that newish place behind MacDonalds which is called Cafe Otto or something, that's quite nice but I'm not sure you will get dancing. People keep talking about The Moustache Bar but I've never been so dunno what it's like.

http://www.viewlondon.co.uk/clubs/the-moustache-bar-review-54367.html

There was another new place that someone was telling me about as well but I've forgotten what it was called I'm afraid.
Anyone been to this Stoke Newington International Airport? I like the name anyway.

john eden

male pale and stale
Bar OTO is ok, I played there before xmas. But not really dancing, more of a sit down arty place. They have a website (possibly for Cafe OTO, which is what it is during the day).

Moustache Bar is any basement bar really - depends what is on.

Worth seeing what is on at Barden's Boudoir, tho? I had a laugh there.

And there is always Visions, ha ha.