mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

This shit is the apotheosis of the 21st century so far. The whole caboodle - the way it switches from non-diegetic to diegetic sound around 4:11 and back to non-diegetic again at 5:10 renders what you're watching completely impausible on so any levels; the body is reduced to images; sound to soundtrack, which bears no witness to what's happening on screen and then back again; happens again at 7:40. It's as utterly decentering as the dancing and the music; for something so seemingly random and incoherent, well, it makes sense to me. "itz not rite", indeed.

bassbeyondreason

Chtonic Fatigue Syndrome
Fucking hell, how far out can this shit go?
The bit in that "Celsius-cold as ice" song where the whole track keeps changing pitch, totally breathtaking.

Client Eastwood

To be fair I think the near ubiquity of unlicensed (and in practical terms probably unlicensable) samples probably scuppers any hope of this stuff getting any proper distribution. There's also the fact that they seem completely uninterested in their music being heard by anyone outside Chicago. Probably anyone outside a particular area of Chicago to be honest, I don't really know.

Though I'm sure both these issues would be quickly overcome if this stuff worked in a Diplo set.

I dont think it would be worthwhile (finacially speaking) chasing any of these artists for uncleared sample use. Unless it goes mainstream which is probably unlikely.

Client Eastwood

This shit is the apotheosis of the 21st century so far. The whole caboodle - the way it switches from non-diegetic to diegetic sound around 4:11 and back to non-diegetic again at 5:10 renders what you're watching completely impausible on so any levels; the body is reduced to images; sound to soundtrack, which bears no witness to what's happening on screen and then back again; happens again at 7:40. It's as utterly decentering as the dancing and the music; for something so seemingly random and incoherent, well, it makes sense to me. "itz not rite", indeed.

Well written Mistersloane.

Pestario

tell your friends
yeah I like the diegetic (learned a new word today!) music more, particualrly the half-bar loop techno-ness of the track around 4:10 and "Itz not rite" at 7:08.

Amicose

Weird smooch hop from Nate. Of interest is the on-screen number of Nate's managers, who can perhaps put a brave caller on to a source for the CD's?

staypuft

bwah bwah
I've been on the fone with Nate's management this past week.. hoping I can get him out to the west coast, as well as get his tunes out to new ears ;) big tings

Last edited:

drilla

I've been on the fone with Nate's management this past week.. hoping I can get him out to the west coast, as well as get his tunes out to new ears ;) big tings

that's big, i hope you succeed. would you ask them about mixtape sales, ie. who should we contact to trade cash for cds? i know you want to get his tunes to new ears, but just by doing that you could also help get his tunes to old ears first. we've been talking about him for almost a yearrr... tell them to cash in and give us the juice! thanxyu

staypuft

bwah bwah
yeah since all y'all stoked my excitement towards all of this I totally dig where you're coming from... I just get the sense that this particular thing will take a good amount of patience on all counts, so bear with me!

carmen

&#8195;
somehow di HD ended up some podcasts from http://btbrecordingz.mypodcast.com/ . looks mad decent, def 'tracky' compared to the ~2k4 ruffsqwad sound ppl on this thread seem to like

just discovered
l_bc2a2011b5b3485f90e2a63eddf71cc7.jpg
when looking for a pic for last.fm on DJPILLSBURYY's MySpace

taped this morning... just listening now

traxman dj roc dj pipebomb houseboy in da building

motown, soul, disco and 80s chitown house 'n acid. cuz theres a whole 'nuum out there

http://ghetto-radio.over-blog.com/. WNUR big as always

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
somehow di HD ended up some podcasts from http://btbrecordingz.mypodcast.com/ . looks mad decent, def 'tracky' compared to the ~2k4 ruffsqwad sound ppl on this thread seem to like

Juke mix volume 3 from ^^ about 28 mins in is ridiculous/, "I juke that girl from the back", mixes in chicago techno stabs, very reminiscent of Cooly G for some reason. Suuuuuuch great dance music. You're right though, I prefer the seemingly simpler stuff, I skipped through alot of the first half of that mix.

staypuft

bwah bwah
just discovered

motown, soul, disco and 80s chitown house 'n acid. cuz theres a whole 'nuum out there

whoa thanks for the recording! I tuned in for the first time this week, and you can bet that I'll be back on that... ish goes down every week!!! can you believe it?

not sure if you caught dj spinn and dj rashad on the recording, but they were guesting later in the night. finally.... a window into what's currently going down in chicago!!

BareBones

wheezy

just discovered

this is amazing. thankyou

Ory

warp drive

ffffuck me this is so hype

that move @ 4 mins aaahah

omg is that a tune that samples nina simone - sinnerman? @ 6 mins.

love it when they switch it up with a slow-mo ballet spin

Last edited: