baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Now might be the right time to say after managing to contact him a couple months ago we (Planet Mu) are releasing a DJ Nate 'footwurk traks' album this autumn.... any track requests/suggestions?

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Amicose

nnazem, wicked to hear someone from the scene. I've always bought hardware over digital but I'll be making an exception here, I'm taking this shit any way I can get it.

soul_pill- Break buddy ankles- this was first juke I heard but Nate or someone took that one off youtube time ago. Fuck, suggestions? Issue several volumes of DJ Nate instrumentals.

EDIT: just watched baboon2004 after making my post..

staypuft

bwah bwah
nnazem - thank you loads for tracking down this forum and starting a dialogue. your crew is without a doubt doing the coolest stuff in juke/footwork, and it's awesome to hear that you are taking big steps to make it accessible to more people. it would be fantastic for the sound to spread and the producers/DJs become known outside of chicago. defo keep us posted on releases and such!!

planet mu - that is brilliant. I would highly recommend looking into these DJ Nate tracks (and these were probably mislabeled): Halloween Wurks (samples the Halloween movie theme and Vincent Price's laugh from Thriller), and Sho Yo Gang Bangz (this phrase is looped in the track), Hatas Our Motivation ( ), Break Buddy Ankles as linked by baboon2004, Ima Burn Him (this phrase is looped in the track), How I Feel (sped up r&b sample - 'how I feel ... love is real'), and of course Burn Dat Man (Run A Train On Em No Homo).

Amicose

hey nnazem - there was a footwurk track I heard sometime on a walacam video last summer, the hook was "Obama's the president", you got an ID for that tune?

jimitheexploder

Now might be the right time to say after managing to contact him a couple months ago we (Planet Mu) are releasing a DJ Nate 'footwurk traks' album this autumn.... any track requests/suggestions?

Thats wicked news, I've always dug this one: I dunno if its tagged right but the vid is called 'DJ NATE(THE TRACK GENUIS) WALACAM' and the vid itself says 'Give The Man Room'.

Last edited:

dave quam

Aye,

Thanks for the link to my site. I'm in Chicago as well.

My fave Nate tracks are prob

Below Zero
Give That Man Room
I swear
Break Buddy Ankles
SAS
Forgive Me
Maybe Sum Day
See Into My Eyes
Burn Dat Man (Run a Train On Him, No Homo)

And "My Heart", which is more of a hip-hop instrumental meets footwork. It actually might be my favorite track of his though. I like some of his straight up rap stuff, moreso from the production. I wish he would still make footwork tracks (and I did see an interview with him where he talked about his new mixtape having some on it) but I definitely think most outsiders kind of blow him out of proportion. I love a lot of his stuff but there are so many other great DJs too. It seems like a lot of people think he invented footwork as a genre of music too, which is far from true. Not that I'm blaming any of you guys btw.

And whats good Neema?

-Dave
davequam.blogspot.com

dave quam

And while were at it, to add to this threads list of suggestions on juke/footwork in general, here are some of my favorites.

Proto ghetto house:

Farley Jackmaster Funk - Jack the Bass/Jack the Dick 12"
Steve Poindexter - Work This Motherfucka 12"
Mark Imperial and Co - She Ain't Nothin But a Hoe 12"
Frank Ski - Whores In This House 12"
Blackman - Beat That Bitch With a Bat 12"
Terry Housemaster Baldwin - She Ain't Nuthin But a Hoe 12"

Dance Mania Era

Debo - 2 Infiniti & Beyond 12"
DJ #1 - Ghetto Trax 12''
DJ Chip - Haters 12"
DJ Chip and DJ Thaz - Bang Ski 12"
DJ Clent - Back Up Off Me 12"
DJ Deeon - Headhunters 12"
DJ Flint - Spank You Very Much
DJ Kurtis Vutton - Cum Get It 12"
DJ Rush - Returns 12"
DJ Lil Tal - South Side Madness 12"
DJ Milton - everything
DJ Nehpets - The Backwards DJ 12"
DJ Oguls - Livin That Vulture Life 12"
DJ PJ - Call it What You Want vol 2 12"
DJ Slugo - Like it Raw 12"
DJ Deeon - House Work (album)
DJ SLugo - Livin that Ghetto Life 12"
Jammin Gerald - The Factory series on Dance Mania
Gant Man - Youngest Professional DJ 12"
DJ Spinn and DJ Rashad - Bust Downs 12"
Parris Mitchell - Life in the Underground 12"
Parris Mitchell - Ghetto Shout Out
Playground Productions Z - Self Titled 12"
The Track Stars - Hardcore Traxx 12"
Paul Johnson - Stop Trippin 12"
Waxmaster - Footwork
DJ Slugo - Where the Rats 12"
Youngest Professional DJ - Trax 2 Bob Ya Head 2 12"
Metal X and DJ Topcat - Ghetto Love 12"

Post Dance Mania/digital releases
(Instead of single releases, my favorite DJs that are still making this stuff or at least did up until 2009)

DJ Rashad
DJ Solo
DJ Clent
DJ Roc
DJ TY
DJ Spinn
RP Boo

Younger Footwork Guys

DJ Nate
DJ Elmoe
DJ Oreo
DJ Trouble
DJ Yung Tellum
DJ Lil S
DJ Zay
DJ Pat Man
Tha Pope
DJ Toya
DJ Killa E
DJ Spade
DJ Royal
DJ SPeed
DJ Diamond
DJ Earl
DJ Atari

Europe Stuff:

Girl Unit - IRL
Addison Groove - Footcrab
Big Dope P - Kazfara Juke
Those Nightmare Juke Squad Remixes
DJ Hilti

stephenk

wow, that's crazy/great.
i'm probably repeating some people but...

"give dat man room"
"jovanny (from heat squad) anthem"
"qc (from heat squad) anthem"
"apocalypse anthem"
"blackout (fade2black)"
"doesnt matter"
"ima burn him"
"free"
"yb mix 4"
"litheum"
"ghost (from heat squad) anthem"

soul_pill

Thanks for the suggestions.

Some of the tracks u all mentioned are definitely going on like 'give dat man room' and ' hatas our motivation'. And some u mentioned i've already sorta 'rejected' as I want to create something that flows and i guess i just got to go with my own taste in the end...

I had pretty much got it down to 30 tracks from 109... still needs further refinement.

There are a few u mentioned which i don't have:

doesn't matter
i swear
Sho Yo Gang Bangz
how i feel

got any links to those? pm me cheers

soul_pill

Thanks for the suggestions.

Some of the tracks u all mentioned are definitely going on like 'give dat man room' and ' hatas our motivation'. And some u mentioned i've already sorta 'rejected' as I want to create something that flows and i guess i just got to go with my own taste in the end...

I had pretty much got it down to 30 tracks from 109... still needs further refinement.

There are a few u mentioned which i don't have:

doesn't matter
i swear
Sho Yo Gang Bangz
how i feel

got any links to those? pm me cheers

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
haha - I seem to be posting everything about three times today. Something's gone horribly wrong at Dissensus Towers.

Amicose

hey soul_pill,
Following from nnazem & dave quam's comments on nate-centricism, I think it's worth asking why ouy chose to release a nate solo record rather than a juke/footwork comp.

soul_pill

hey soul_pill,
Following from nnazem & dave quam's comments on nate-centricism, I think it's worth asking why ouy chose to release a nate solo record rather than a juke/footwork comp.

We are already in the planning stages of a footwurk compilation. But it takes a lot more time and effort convincing lots of artists who've never even heard of releasing vinyl.. and more money to do, than a single artist album, which is why... i mean, it took over a year to get hold of nate... (to get an answer from him - via a teacher at his school in the end) so first thing i asked was to do an album with him, but now we have ways in to dj tha pope, yung tellem and loads more. i just wanna get this nate thing wrapped up 1st.

staypuft

bwah bwah
We are already in the planning stages of a footwurk compilation. But it takes a lot more time and effort convincing lots of artists who've never even heard of releasing vinyl.. and more money to do, than a single artist album, which is why... i mean, it took over a year to get hold of nate... (to get an answer from him - via a teacher at his school in the end) so first thing i asked was to do an album with him, but now we have ways in to dj tha pope, yung tellem and loads more. i just wanna get this nate thing wrapped up 1st.

that's funny... I got Nate's cousin/agent contact info from another chicago head, he sounded really excited, then I never heard back. did you manage to track down DJ Trouble? cuz this tune is fiyah >> http://davequam.blogspot.com/2009/11/footwork-as-contemporary-classical.html

I'll pm you about a couple of those songs later today..

Amicose

This is wicked news - the revival of this thread has sent me back to the old imeem/youtube rips, and I am as excited about a record release as I've been in a long time.