Page 3 of 173 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Juke

is it a mix or this is just how the track sounds?

Quote Originally Posted by doom View Post
    Its wierd, the youngers don't seem to care that people outside of the circle may be interested in their music, I think Bok Bok was tellin me he contaced DJ Nate on myspace & got no response.
    yeh i contacted DJ Roc and likewise no response, definitely get the impression from that and the myspaces and such that they simply don't care about exposure outside their locale. pretty refreshing to be honest!

Quote Originally Posted by doom View Post
    This is the most jarring aspect as well! Goes aganist the grain of what is maybe the most fundamental aspect of dance/club music. Maybe related to the way the dancing isn't, or doesn't seem to be structured in any formal way, there is no start, middle & end, the dancers float in & out over the top of the beat
    yeh absolutely. its so hypnotic. its ridiculously hype and totally meditative at the same time, one of its many incredible qualities and apparent contradictions
    Last edited by elgato; 10-01-2009 at 04:00 PM.

I can't even place the BPM on some of these tunes.
    This stuff is doing what everyone pretends "wonky" is!

i emailed dj nate on his myspace about a yea ago saying his tracks were good he kinda vaguely mentioned selling mixes thru myspace

there is actually a mix for sale on DJ Nate's myspace, on something called SNOCAP, underneath the myspace player under 'General'. haven't bought it yet but i intend to

Quote Originally Posted by minikomi View Post
    I'm gonna go with track, just cos it lasts so long & is kinda all in time & coherant - totally a product of fruity splicer tho! I think that is a big part of alot of the chopped up & looped parts, the ablity to easily load a full song & have it being chopped up, but without sample accurate editing of the splices, so the these big chunks of audio are used.

Quote Originally Posted by elgato
    pretty refreshing to be honest!
    Totally!!!

Its not like you could really slide it into a mix if you were able to pick up the odd 12" as well... altho;

http://mp3.juno.co.uk/MP3/SF1375918-02-01-03.mp3

Quote Originally Posted by elgato
    its ridiculously hype and totally meditative at the same time
    YES!!! which relates to;

Quote Originally Posted by bassbeyondreason
    I can't even place the BPM on some of these tunes.
    Cos they are building the tunes, inbetween all the differant parts, its a totally instinctive music.

All the Juke I have is 160 bpm, but really only the sub & hats are that the rest is kinda 80 & 120 or some other wierd division.

Quote Originally Posted by bassbeyondreason
    This stuff is doing what everyone pretends "wonky" is!
    But Juke is alot harder to listen to!

Yeah, mixtapes is what there about rally huh!? SNOCAP is US only last I checked.

Rashad has some nice new bits on JunoD/L tho - Juke Trax was gettin abit much halfway thru last year, just putting up EP after EP with 16 tracks a piece without much quality control.

This 'Hornz n Shit' is a banger tho!

Quote Originally Posted by Ach! View Post
    Who's this by? I can't find it on juno.

I'm loving this stuff, favourite so far is the track 'mixup' on the DJ Roc thing on imeem. It's all sooooo trippy.

Excellent stuff and some Jute/footworks tunes (which is totally new to me) are
    available on iTunes+ and Amazon MP3 shop,

DJ Solo - Chicago Juke Music Vol 1
    DJ Thadz - Chicago Juke Music Vol 2
    Dj Roc - Juke City Series - ie http://www.amazon.com/That-Girl-Cant...2661&sr=102-10

DJ Thadz

Police crashing a party -

and this guys channel http://fr.youtube.com/user/WALACAM
    Last edited by Ness Rowlah; 11-01-2009 at 12:13 AM.
    Ness Rowlah

Quote Originally Posted by minikomi View Post

Hmm - sounds like a cracked up Avalanches track for the first 3 minutes, must be a mix?
    Ness Rowlah

Quote Originally Posted by mistersloane View Post
    Who's this by? I can't find it on juno.
    http://www.junodownload.com/products/1359533-02.htm

Spent the last hour or so on having a look at stuff around this thread.
    DJ Roc's work seems to be quite self-referencing, and load of tunes (obviously) in the genre has "work" or "juke" in the titles.
    And some if it is quite grimy as noted, ie the "Jukezone Blackout Mixtape" like "Drop W.O.R.K"/DJ Majic Myke -
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Drop-W-O-R-K/dp/B001FL1HVO

Splashed out on a few tunes in the Apple store, this stuff is fresh - ie "What U Work'in Wit"/DJ Thadz with this kid "Lil Jukeman".
    Last edited by Ness Rowlah; 11-01-2009 at 01:11 AM.
    Ness Rowlah

Clicked and bought, thank you. That's one of the sickest things I've ever heard, I'd kill to hear that on a decent sound system.

Quote Originally Posted by mistersloane View Post
    Clicked and bought, thank you. That's one of the sickest things I've ever heard, I'd kill to hear that on a decent sound system.
    i never thought i'd ever a purchase an mp3 but i may just have to bite the bullet on this one.