wise

bare BARE BONES
Juke Mini Mix by my good self, Direct link below (right click save as)

Bare Bones - Juke Trax Mini Mix

All Juke Trax as I had trouble getting hold of anything else

Bare Bones Juke Trax Mini Mix

Tracklist (I Think) got a bit muddled hence playing one track twice, oh well....

01 - DJ Remi - Mario's Juke Castle '09
02 - DJ Pillsbury - Twist Em Up
03 - DJ Remi - Retro City
04 - DJ Spinn - Blue Magic
05 - DJ Clent - Uah Oooh
06 - Boylan - Requiem 09
07 - Leatherface - Toy Soldiers
08 - Boylan - No Clue (feat DJ Rashad)
09 - DJ Baddmixx - Get Silly
10 - Leatherface - Beetlejuke
11 - Leatherface - Jigglin
12 - DJ Spinn - They Say
13 - Leatherface - Dies Irae
14 - DJ Pillsbury - Twist Em Up
15 - DJ Spenn - Times Up
16 - Leatherface - Ronin

padro1982

Leatherface - Ronin (Jukechainsaw Massacre Vol 2)

Oh my days! I CAN'T stop listening to this tune!

It makes me want to cry, do a stupid dance then have another little cry

so good

Anyone now what the piano sample is?

BTW Juke tracks are available from amazon now 50p cheaper than juno for 320s!

It's from the film 'Ronin' no? soundtrack is by Elia Cmiral.

Last edited:

wise

bare BARE BONES
I had a listen to the soundtrack and didn't hear it.
Do you actually recognize it as being from there or is it just because of the title?

padro1982

apologies, i haven't checked or anything, it was just the strings in the middle that made me think it was to be honest, they sound like a piece from that soundtrack, maybe pitched up a bit though! maybe they are and the piano is from somewhere else...

shaolinsoul

does anyone here know about the genealogy of this music? is it a development from chicago house (through various mutations) or does it come in from outside via say other ghettos styles from detroit (techno bass / ghetto bass), bmore, whatever?

i mean there was a sort of hardening and 'ghettoising' of house with what i think was know in chicago as 'hard house' (NOT to be confused with uk homegrown style!) and also with 'ghetto house' which meant stuff like mike dearborn, dj rush, dj funk, dj skull, dj deeon, robert armani, lester fitzpatrick. (variations there already between v booty-ish stuff, very jacking techno-ish stuff and particularly tough acid) stuff on dance mania and relief of course, stuff that pro-jex picked up on over here and i started hearing called simply chicago techno.
love it all!
is this the stuff that morphed into juke?
if so...what are the missing links in the evolution between say deeon and the stuff linked on this thread?

...aslo anyone who knows of good net resources or texts on afro-american street dance styles i'd much appreciate some pointers.

Dance Mania was an excellent label, a good playing field for that raw stomping Chicago sound, but some of the mastering is just atrocious!
However some of the early Marshall Jefferson and Glenn Underground stuff house is just legendary.

Especially this . (it has that Beautiful Mr. Fingers- can u feel it vibe).

and on a seperate note anyone know the tune at 00:50 on that ghetto house documentary. Think the title went whip, ride shake or something like that.

Last edited:

Pestario

tell your friends
the ig - I would say that juke is the offspring of ghetto house, crunk, miami bass, jungle and detroit electro bass.

yeah I think this is the case, along with what I call the 'fruityloops effect' where the ease of experimentation and the young age of the producers, who tend to look forward muscially rather than back, brings about strange mutations like the slow-mo/fast tension and that panicky/floating vibe.

BareBones

wheezy
anyone got any more juke mixes? i've totally rinsed that headhunter one and the leatherface one.

also can anyone ID that tune towards the end of the headhunter mix that has the "fuck me in my face, fuck me fuck me in my face" vocal?? excuse my ignorance, i'm still a beginner with all this stuff

boomnoise

♫
anyone got any more juke mixes? i've totally rinsed that headhunter one and the leatherface one.

also can anyone ID that tune towards the end of the headhunter mix that has the "fuck me in my face, fuck me fuck me in my face" vocal?? excuse my ignorance, i'm still a beginner with all this stuff

i misread this just now and thought the lyric was:

"fuck me in my face, fuck me fuck me in my face, excuse my ignorance, i'm still a beginner with all this"

wouldn't that be great.

i second a need for more mixes.

BareBones

wheezy

"fuck me in my face, fuck me fuck me in my face, excuse my ignorance, i'm still a beginner with all this"

wouldn't that be great.

i second a need for more mixes.

haha

that's the posh english juke... "Duke"?

Last edited:

massrock

boomnoise said:

wouldn't that be great.

haha

that's the posh english juke... "Duke"?
That's great. Now I hear it in the voice of Deborah Evans-Stickland.

She should do a booty bass record.

wise

bare BARE BONES

I can wholeheartedly recommend Jojo Juke vol 2 mix if you don't mind spending some money (only £5.99)

If you don't want to part with any cash i'll be recording another juke mix as soon as I get a bit of free time