mms

sometimes

yeah i got that last night - there are a few releases from about 6 years ago on this databass offshoot too
http://www.discogs.com/label/Juke+Trax
the clent record is esp good esp stateway - which samples a wicked derrick may track.

its funny but when i used to run a record store we couldn't give these eps away, or the databass stuff, even though it was great, and godfather is a superb dj, you know for a white guy (lol)

Last edited:

dave quam

I didn't even mention white people in my last post, that came out of your filthy mind brosef.

And yeah I do like some Nate, Elmoe ect, similar to the reasons you seem to like him. I've already said this probably 5 times. I like the naivety and I like kids taking advantage of Youtube and such, but I definitely think most of his tracks are garbage, especially that Evansanse track. And it's really not even this young/old thing, DJ Earl, Manny, and Jody Breeze are all 18-19 years old and kill shit. I'd much rather listen to them, but once in a while I might throw on some Nate, and I certainly was excited when I first heard him on Youtube, which lead me to seek out lots more, just like lot's of other people.

I certainly understand that it's a pretty tired subject, and I don't want to fuel the shitstorm anymore.

dave quam

I stand corrected, I totally dropped the W BOMB HAH.

I will take it back and say "a bunch of dorks", as beard scratchers have no color and we are all one giant happy rainbow.

skweeelicious!

bass downstairs
seminal? I dunno about that...DJ Nate got a bunch of dorky white kids into footwork
Who Nate got into footwork is neither here nor there. Jimi Hendrix's fans back in the day were hippies, who were a bunch of upper middle class white kids. Is that a reflection on his music? Archie Shepp said in a late 1970's interview, "jazz is white people's music now", and by that he meant the AUDIENCE had become white. He was still very much involved as were artists like Sun Ra, The Art Ensemble of Chicago and Anthony Braxton (speaking of Chi-town on those last two).

My seminal comment was based on Nate's music and I stand by it.

mms

sometimes
I stand corrected, I totally dropped the W BOMB HAH.

I will take it back and say "a bunch of dorks", as beard scratchers have no color and we are all one giant happy rainbow.

yeah a big brown rainbow

no worries, yes not dancing to dance music is missing the point, even though there is still some of that music that's great, the 'tude that seems to go along with it sucks though, and a great way to miss out on alot of fun.

Last edited:

cobretti

[-] :: [-] ~ [-] :: [-]
yeah i got that last night - there are a few releases from about 6 years ago on this databass offshoot too
http://www.discogs.com/label/Juke+Trax
the clent record is esp good esp stateway - which samples a wicked derrick may track.

its funny but when i used to run a record store we couldn't give these eps away, or the databass stuff, even though it was great, and godfather is a superb dj, you know for a white guy (lol)

I was going to mention this (or start a ghetto house/ghettotech thread) as I much prefer the more straight 4/4 ghetto house/juke stuff to the more abstract workouts of footwork stuff, DJ Nate, the stuff on the Rashas & Spinn XLR8R podcast... Of all the recent juke stuff I've heard, the stuff I've enjoyed most was on Headhunter's mix at the end of last year, and that DJ Roc mixtape posted up on here a while ago is pretty good too. Since Ghettotech ran out of steam 4 or 5 years ago, I've not known where to look for the more (conventional, not footwork battle) dancefloor oriented stuff. Can anyone point me in the right direction, bar searching through older Rashad stuff & Juke Trax releases? Any current stuff similar to Deeon, DJ Funk, Slugo etc.

nnazem

How many times on this forum have I given some form of history in the genre? I've written long ass pieces everywhere I go simply because people do not get the history right.

I've been on the phone with countless journalists displaying numerous fallacies, and gave them rhyme, reason, and other people to prove it.

When I post something up here that's informational, it's huge, long, and explains a crapload on numerous subjects. I'm not writing this because I'm mr juke, I'm writing this because people seemed interested in the history. I've put out tracks, mixes, and vinyl records, and all I get from you is some bulshit about how I write on comment pages about Nate? Do something positive and quit wasting my energy on this bulshit about how pathetic or sad I am cuz I laugh when I listen to DJ Nate's Sexual Healing.

Leave me the fuck alone and go post a defense to footwork on the XLR8R blog. Quit clogging up the board with this personal bulshit against me that no one really gives a fuck about.

nah man.
we know your credentials as mr juke, and how you are deep in the scene etc...

so why is it important to you to drag some stuff like 'it seemed like the world was waiting to hear a footwork mix that wasn't made over 4 years ago by some teenagers who left the scene because they were never fully accepted by the scene.' like you did in the comments boxes of that xlr8r mix?

so i read that - i don't think your remarks are important but i think they are totally irrelevant and it just makes you look overly angry and insecure and childish, and its something you seem to do alot - you've brought up dj nate etc alot, here, guardian blog thing etc, maybe you don't even realise you're doing it - to your detriment i might add, esp since the people who you are refering to are as you say long gone and you can do really well from this groundswell of interest without resorting to that kinda crap.

so why don't you shut up about it and keep on with what your're doing very well other than this point, - getting your dues and doing your thing. it's bullshit, you're saying this publically and representing your crew as something of a spokesman, whether you realise it or not, and you need to get over it, you've got a good thing going on, and it doesn't need this negative irrelevant nonsense.

Just saying cos it's a real drag to read it to be honest, other people have noticed it too, it's not just me, and you don't need to do it and i'd love to see you take a deep breath and rise above it.

nnazem

And let me be the first to say that the mix had a few rough spots in the beginning, but the longer it got into it, the deeper I got into the mix. Ghost is still my anthem!

mms

sometimes
i don't think you read what i wrote as i've been awfully nice really.
i think you'll do really well, and you've done good stuff so far, but i think you'll do even better if you stop cussing down other folk thats all, as its a massive downer to your mission to bring your friends / artists or whatever some well deserved attention. Just trying to point that out to you. Anyway best of luck as i've said, sure ghettotechnitians will be great.
Anyway i bought your record, just like i got the juke tracks records 6 years ago. hope that helps.

Last edited:

Richard Carnage

i don't think you read what i wrote as i've been awfully nice really.
i think you'll do really well, and you've done good stuff so far, but i think you'll do even better if you stop cussing down other folk thats all, as its a massive downer to your mission to bring your friends / artists or whatever some well deserved attention. Just trying to point that out to you. Anyway best of luck as i've said, sure ghettotechnitians will be great.
Anyway i bought your record, just like i got the juke tracks records 6 years ago. hope that helps.

Bloody hell, mms. Leave the man alone! He's just expressing the opinion that he doesn't really like most of Nate's material - something which I personally concur with. You may like it, and all the power to you if you do, but don't go accusing Neema of being a "hater" for expressing his honest thoughts on the music. If he just gave blanket love to Nate and isn't feeling it himself, you think that'd be a better situation?

skweeelicious!

bass downstairs
@neema question for you: do you think nate, elmoe and them copped their style from other footwurk producers, and if so who? or is it just a style of footwurk you don't like?

mms

sometimes
Bloody hell, mms. Leave the man alone! He's just expressing the opinion that he doesn't really like most of Nate's material - something which I personally concur with. You may like it, and all the power to you if you do, but don't go accusing Neema of being a "hater" for expressing his honest thoughts on the music. If he just gave blanket love to Nate and isn't feeling it himself, you think that'd be a better situation?

fucks sake - read what i've said before you wade in.

it's that binary internet thing again as i've not said or asked for blanket love or whatever nonsense...lol, yr just making stuff up.

It's brilliant that loads of this music is getting released from all kinds of juke/footwork musicians across chicago.

All those people making music have got their own stories to tell of why how what where, how they got into it, they're all different ages so it'll always be interesting, and i'm sure some of them make amazing music but don't have any dance mania records etc but who cares.
It's exciting that an r p boo record is coming out, exciting that dj roc rashad and nate spinn etc have got records coming out. Personally I don't like all the music of course, i didn't like all the mid 90's dance mania stuff, either blah blah...

All i'm saying is when you are spreading the gospel you've got to watch you don't become a fundamentalist preacher.

It should be much more fun than this anyway, the dissing etc puts me right off, esp when the music is brilliant and fun, the history lessons are interesting but whats going on right now is more exciting.

Anyway it struck me earlier that the first guy ( i think ) to swear on a chicago record was an asian guy called mark imperial with 'nuttin bt a hoe' - he might also be the first guy to use really bad french on a chicago house record with j'adore danser' lol

Last edited:

Ory

warp drive
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

what's the tune at 1:45? in fact, IDs on any tunes in this clip would be nice.

edit: read in the comments that it's T-Why - Illuminati

Last edited:

skweeelicious!

bass downstairs
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

what's the tune at 1:45? in fact, IDs on any tunes in this clip would be nice.

edit: read in the comments that it's T-Why - Illuminati
are you talking about the one that samples esg - ufo?