nochexxx

harco pronting
finally got my Nate records today, excited to finaly hear them properly. considering i preordered time ago from planet mu, i thought i'd get them quicker than the shops.

looking forward to the DJ Roc lp!

nochexxx

harco pronting
i like juke, but, not to bang an old drum - i reeeally like dancing to it, so much more than home listening. obviously it was impossibly fast, and obviously i was shit, but it was still great fun. (this was at the dj rashad immigration-scuppered night... jam city/girl unit played a great b2b juke set instead.)

did you attempt to footwurk it? i'm looking forward to eventually going to a Juke night.

Alfons

Way of the future
finally got my Nate records today, excited to finaly hear them properly. considering i preordered time ago from planet mu, i thought i'd get them quicker than the shops.

looking forward to the DJ Roc lp!

My copies should be in the post :)

DJ Roc - One Blood is huuuuuge, on the MAH show it was listed as being taken from a comp, 'Bangs & Works Vol 1', anyone have info on that?

Richard Carnage

Any juke/footwork fans in or near Bristol should head down to Timbuk2 on Friday October 15th, by the way. Spinn will be headlining alongside Chrissy Murderbot and Girl Unit, and I'll be playing an all-vinyl set of Dance Mania classics as well. Should be fun!

nochexxx

harco pronting
Any juke/footwork fans in or near Bristol should head down to Timbuk2 on Friday October 15th, by the way. Spinn will be headlining alongside Chrissy Murderbot and Girl Unit, and I'll be playing an all-vinyl set of Dance Mania classics as well. Should be fun!

could well be an apt time to head over and visit some family!

MatthewH

makes strange noises.
I'm curious if any of the dnb heads on this thread - assuming there are some - have heard identifiably juke tracks popping up in dnb sets?

It always seemed strange to me that juke's been adopted by the garage/dubstep crowd when it's also pretty close to dnb, tempo-wise.

(apologies if this has come up before - the thread's 70pages long....)

mms

sometimes
I'm curious if any of the dnb heads on this thread - assuming there are some - have heard identifiably juke tracks popping up in dnb sets?

It always seemed strange to me that juke's been adopted by the garage/dubstep crowd when it's also pretty close to dnb, tempo-wise.

(apologies if this has come up before - the thread's 70pages long....)

funny i mixed an old droppin science 12" into dj spinn today as an experiment - didn't work cos the contrast is too great on the drums.

routes

we can delay.ay.ay...
my mate has made a hilarious ableton set using jukeish stuff and loads of 16 bar loops taken from drum and bass tunes... when it works it's (buzzword of the week?) devastating