trza

Its on the NYTimes obituary page today.

I always thought DJ E-Z Rock's It Takes Two and the tracks like it had an influence on a lot of the booty house producers too.

firefly

yyaldrin: the sample is fairly archetypal (cajmere's percolator), but this flip reminds me of traxman's bubbles or dj rashad's GT music, but it's none of those. someone flipped the sample recently, yes, and this seems to be the version of it. i kinda feel it's manny, but i'm not sure.

zhao

there are no accidents
juju-juke-2_600.jpg

From Soweto to Chicago, from Jakarta to Paris,
from Lagos to London, from Conakry to Berlin.

https://soundcloud.com/djzhao/jujujuke2_jujulife

tracklist

luka

27-02-2006 09:17 AM #11
DavidD
DavidD is offline can't be stopped

Further, there was recently a big Chicago Tribune article on a dance phenomenon called 'footworkin' (they compared it to krumping, that clown-dance style that is big in LA and Missy videos) from the south side where teenagers dance entirely to uptempo ghetto house (lots of rap remixes too). Its a footwork-heavy dance style (obviously), here's a copy of the article.

Chicago's dance battleground: Footworkin'

trza

Not sure your link copied right:

Chicago's Dance Battleground: Footworkin'
January 29, 2006|By Johnathon E. Briggs, Tribune staff reporter

As snare-inflected house music split the air, James Kelly and the Sonic Heat II dance crew slithered through the shadows of a South Side gym, past hundreds of gyrating partygoers, on the prowl for a challenger.

Spotting Tyrone Taylor and his Terra Squad, Kelly approached and, with the curl of an index finger, motioned for them to come over. Suddenly, in the wee hours of a Monday morning, the battle was on.
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...t-dance-modern-dance-choreography-dance-group

staypuft

bwah bwah
That's what the 21st century sounds like, right there. Genius find man, thanks. I love the idea that 15 seconds of some song that I'll never know who it's by on some youtube clip becomes my song for the year.

I'm crawling through this thread trying to find a certain Walacam video, saw this post, and immediately thought, ICY LAKE.

:)

rubberdingyrapids

someone posted about a footwork docu on here a while ago - anyone remember what it was/the link? (i know theres a tim and barry docu about it but i might wait til that one hits dvd...)