synaptic

Global multinuum
I've seen few other threads talking about booty, ghettotech and juke. But there is this mindblowing street culture in chicago based on footworking and this abstract, dark and fucked up version of juke.

imeem used to be a good place to listen to this stuff.

Last edited:

doom

Public Housing
yh, its youngers juke. These kids grew up listening to Gant Man mixtapes, DJ Clent & DJ Rashad trax & goin under-age dances with Baddmixx spinning.

So now DJ Nate n them are making pure footwork rythms without the 'formal' education of goin thru ghetto house etc. like the older generation. Proper Avant-Street.

Client Eastwood

isn't that stuff called footwork rather than juke
it's pure scrambled music for dancing too innit

http://uk.youtube.com/user/FootWurkTrax08

that dj nate fella seems to be the best one.

Footwork and Juke are Chicago based and a similar dance from Detroit called Jit(t). There's loads of youtube footage of these dances. What I find is that they are quite similar to the 80's UK jazz dance scene with its emphasis on fast footwork, spins and drops.

Last edited:

Pestario

tell your friends
Yeah the made-for-footwork juke tracks are really out-there: lots of syncopated toms, disorientatingly (?) placed claps which are pitched waaay down, no kicks and doomy subdued bass - it's great stuff.

btw Deadly Coalition is the best crew. Their clips used to be all over youtube but were taken down for some reason. I can't seem to find them anywhere on the net :(

mms

sometimes
Footwork and Juke are Chicago based and a similar dance from Detroit called Jit(t). There's loads of youtube footage of these dances. What I find is that they are quite similar to the 80's UK jazz dance scene with its emphasis on fast footwork, spins and drops.

yes i know, dunno if they're based on jitting but there are some simularities but there are loads of similarties between regional dances etc, like turf dancing etc

elgato

I just dont know
yh, its youngers juke.

Proper Avant-Street.

for me this is some of the most exciting music i've heard in a long time, wish i could find better sources for it

imeem is the place for it though it seems

what they're doing with vocals vibes and rhythm is ridiculous

elgato

I just dont know
there can't be any odder music being made anywhere in the world than this. its so fucking weird. some of the stuff on imeem makes older juke sound tame, how is that?

interesting seeing some of those videos for the first time, the tunes make a lot more sense in the context of the dancing. just heard a tune which just goes POWERMOVEPOWERMOVEPOWERMOVEPOWERMOVE lol

does anyone know anywhere to download mix cds or anything like that?

itunes seems to have some stuff now looking at it

Last edited:

Ach!

Turd on the Run
I'd heard of Krumping, but not this stuff. The dancing is amazing, reminds me of an highly advanced version of the rave dancing you saw in early 90s videos for Prodigy, SL2 etc. The music is incredible - functionally complex in that it is designed to inspire ever more impossible foot-work.

doom

Public Housing
I don't think much of the really mental stuff leaves the neighbourhood, but even the older, established guys are pretty much all digital now from what I've seen.

elgato said:
its so fucking weird. some of the stuff on imeem makes older juke sound tame, how is that?

Thinking about this, I think its because the feedback loop is so confined, there is a real narrow intensity at work, where a minor deviation on an established theme gets driven so mercilessly to its own ends, ideas run away with themselves... or suttin.