The Enemy

sadmanbarty

i can see poor old vimothy wants to play with us but he doesnt know how to join in. :( a question for the group-
how can i make it easier for people to play with us?
whats exclusionary or intimidating or offputting?

cheeky bastard

sadmanbarty

don't get me wrong, i'm all for everyone talking about their feelings. i'm just a bit worried that you've posited it as a select few dissensians being the custodians of fun and joy and the rest clamouring for their approval. might breed resentment.

luka

don't get me wrong, i'm all for everyone talking about their feelings. i'm just a bit worried that you've posited it as a select few dissensians being the custodians of fun and joy and the rest clamouring for their approval. might breed resentment.

yes i was feeling very stressed and tense and irritable and it came out in a bad way. thank you for reminding me.

luka

i've always felt vimothy has much more to offer but haven't been able to find a way to coax it out
of him. i reckon he's got a good brain but he's wasting it on things like university and maths
and economics and the dark enlightenment.

i get frustrated with craner for smiliar reasons. does that make more sense?

luka

i get what youre saying barty. when you can't bulldoze your way through, you have to use the arts of seduction.

it's a valuable point. i will remember.

sadmanbarty

i've always felt vimothy has much more to offer but haven't been able to find a way to coax it out
of him. i reckon he's got a good brain but he's wasting it on things like university and maths

don't see that with craner myself. every time he's on here it's magic, feels like a party. any reluctance of his is a bonus; the way he blushes when you tell him he's got a big dick is part of the fun. his constant ducking and diving between sensible authority figure and mischievous younger brother is the best social energy and platform for our type of fun.

sadmanbarty

on dissensus there are two very different approaches to intellectual stimulation.

i think me and you find people talking about their ideas (anyone by the way, not just dissensians) a bit blase and not particularly stimulating. we're more interested by their psychology and their relationships with other people. we're looking at what someone's opinion about chaka kahn says about their sexuality, their relationship with their parents, their racial attitudes, how they talk, how they dress, their politics, their class, their drugs choices, friends, geography, etc. we prefer to talk obtusely, figuratively and economically because we're essentially talking about things that aren't concrete or tangible. we can only talk about this stuff in innuendos and allusions. vim spends most of his time on here giving the impression that human cognition is so inherently flawed that any quest for objective truth is worthless, so i think he's of a disposition where he'd get a lot out of this type of thing. unfortunately he views us like a poor man's chuckle brothers so we haven't reached him yet.

as for everyone else, they're more interested in more traditional forms of intellectualism. luka, be happy to coexist. both ways of doing things are valid. we tipped the balance too much our way before, so we've adjusted. no need to seek converts.

luka

you take charge for a bit barty. i need to let my magical powers replenish.
ive lost my special secret centre, slipped off perch
i will correct it and come back

craner

Beast of Burden
I've just got back from sailing around the Caribbean, I'm raring to go! What's the debate? Antonioni vs. Sex? Hall & Oates vs Doom?

craner

Beast of Burden
Why not to drink when jet lagged, and Tuesday and Wednesday turn into one long day, and returning to England feels like suicide?

luka

we missed you mate. englands been great. tropical weather. i bet i got a better tan than you have.

luka

i bet... but im more tanned. im out 24/7 every single day sitting in scorching sunlight, basting myself,
bronzing.

version

When I say the enemy i mean, broadly, in the sense of the enemies described in burroughs, the matrix, david icke, the invisibles etc etc.

I've noticed demiurge-like figures popping up fairly frequently in stuff I've read: Dorn's Howard Hughes / Robart, Burroughs' Mr Bradly-Mr Martin, McCarthy's Judge, Vollmann's Mr. White.

With the exception of The Judge, they all take the form of a sort of metaphysical robber baron. Something the conspiracy theorists have tried to fashion out of real-life figures like Soros and Gates.