Rolling Rugby Thread

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
From Telfer's view, you could say Queensland would then equate to the more honest team, not that i follow s-hemisphere non-international realms too much. Also, it was only after that Argie hooker went to Oz that Australia got a grip of its scrum and set-piece, ie the platform that gives the ball to your dream backs.

Due to ancestry, i was forced to play rugby but in a school that could naye gi' a fuck. Back-row/6. A mix of adrenaline and trauma haha. You need one out and out yeti-dog hybrid in any pack, that's why i love P O'C's controlled rage.

Given your Oz appreciation, the 2nd try from this is a peach, proper golden Oz with Eales, Ella, Lynagh, Campese and Farr-Jones. Backs moves like clips from Mortal Kombat

Keep them coming, it's all good. Wife and kids away (woohoo) and i'm finding these threads a bit addictive.

luka

i got into it when i lived in Auckland where most of my family are from. I had a Maori mate that was a good player and he'd take me to the pub sometimes when a game was on and point out 'the niggle'. helped me to become a connessuier of 'the niggle'. i got into league and State of Origin when i lived in Sydney a bit later.

luka

im not fast and im not big and im not brave. there's no place for me on a rugby field.

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
It seems to have carnivalesque dimensions domestically, pressure valves, like the inter village ball games on Shrove Tues.

Surprised to see this in Warwickshire, it gets increasingly ridiculous

The whole southern hemisphere world of rugby is a universe unto itself. The 2nd five-8th play, as a back-row that's so much more open and tricky to defend than a crash ball centre. I could post highlights reels for years. Think because of the similarities between Gaelic football and Ozzie Rules, both Oz league and union teams are a handful due to covering so many skills. NZ are more wait for it structured and the Boks make it a triumvirate by opting for psychopaths sprinkled with a golden haired twinkle toed genius back (Montgomery, Faf). That's why Argentina are always worth watching if you get the chance. Monstrous pack but always one world-class back shy of moving into a WC final.

Got mates from Leeds, Wigan and the league side of Mancs who wrath on "kick clap southern public school cunts". Some games can exert an occasional "hmmmmm" but they all worship S Edwards, Farrell snr, J Davies

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
The old man was a Croke Park addict, any opportunity.

Covid's written the next chunk of time out of all the codes so might as well add some Tipuric, the perfect forward/wing blend in recent years

luka

have you seen any footage of the great kiwi league steppers? benji marshall lineage

luka

i would say those three are the highest development of the art. all have the touch background which is like the futsal thing for the Latins.

luka

there was a Fijian Australian called Jarryd Hayne who had one transcendent season who i would rank with the kiwis. he dragged his duff team all the way to the grand final.

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
More the lineage of Eddie Waring on BBC sat-afternoons, before the final scores came in, following some games after moving around the north, mates who'd go in trances when certain games were played live

That's some Harlem GT ninja equivalents, it's staggering. You can't believe careers last more than a few years. Brutal when it goes wrong. Reason i want Oz to go fuller with union is beating England more, ultimately. The Twickers Range-rover and wellies brigade, the Tristrams and Ruperts. The world sort of unites when playing against England. France vs England people i know are screaming for France, you've got to laugh.

luka

if all the athletes from the NRL went to union there would never be another northern hempishere victory in any contest ever.