Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: Rolling Rugby Thread

Yes, it's pretty bad. Dragons and Blues had dreadful seasons. Ospreys improved upon a poor start and Scarlets have promising backs but woeful pack. None of them are exacylt storming the RaboDirect Pro12. The club following (even counting Scrum V watchers) is a lot less than the internationals.

There's an ongoing funding and organisational crisis, and losing a lot of players to French clubs (although who can blame them for going?). People talk about the national side being the "fifth region" and the only one that works; but bad club performances only reinforced the sense of gloom and lack of confidence that afflicted us in the autumn. On the other hand, Lee Byrne and James Hook are thriving in France and in the form of their lives, but have all but lost their Wales spots.

Who does Lee Byrne play for now? I barely follow the club game at all these days (and to be honest I pretty much stopped doing so at the time of the Welsh regionalisation, because it ceased to mean much to me. So sad to see St Helen's ground in Swansea these days - used to have 10,000 capacity it seems when I used to go occasionally in the 80s/early 90s. I just don't get why anyone would care about the Ospreys. At least call them by regional names, as in Ireland).

I wouldn't blame anyone for going to France to play club rugby - seems like one of the great perks of being a good rugby player, and they're hardly letting down a system that has been utterly mismanaged anyways.
    Last edited by baboon2004; 19-03-2013 at 10:32 AM.

I agree, I'd be off like a shot. It also makes them more sophisticated, being in France, less parochial.

Byrne plays for Clermont Auvergne, although I admit I had to look that up. Someone I work with knows him well, and tells me about his heroics. They ripped up Ospreys last years, which must have been interesting for Byrne. The Byrne Camp are anti-Gatland. It's not all love for the current regime in Wales.

you lot dont watch enough sport. today was extraordinary, particularly after nzs win in the league yesterday. today was the ultimate act of onemanupmanship from the all blacks.

It was sick. And sickening. I had to watch it through the window of a bar in Bath because I couldn't afford to go in and buy a drink. I was just glad not to be Irish, although I know exactly how they feel. This sort of thing happens to Wales all the time.

I would have watched the League semi-final, but I was driving.

Didn't see the game, but this sounds too familiar:

"As their (Ireland's) coach Joe Schmidt, himself a Kiwi, succinctly put it: "To be a minute away from history and have the ball in your hands on their 10-metre line it's devastating." "

A total inability to close out games against the best, as with Wales, will always be a massive problem.

Ffs Wales. Inside the last two minutes, needing a try to win the match, Wales in possession - twice they kick it away. You can't legislate for that level of stupidity. I''m glad Australia won, for once. And Quade Cooper was awesome.

Great to see so many neurodiverse players excelling in international rugby.
    Kudos to AB management [and now international sides]for believing in, and hot-housing these 'gifted' players.

Logically it follows that the flow on effect in the community will be just as mutually beneficial, and all 'gifted' life players, can one day have their place in the sun too.

All they need is the right atmosphere to flourish and thrive, and will then pledge their loyalty for being believed in.

Like a new immigrant, being in the minority makes them hungry to achieve and prove themselves, whilst neurotypical players do not have the psychic wound of difference, to sting them into action, but rather neuro-privilege to puff them up [further] on their teetering high horses.

The removal of psychically bullying all blacks, even if they are brilliant players, will ensure the AB's future successes.

There is is no room for bullying in a happy house, or happy team.
    I would argue that this has been the key to the AB's phenomenal record of wins.

Again, this is a microcosm for any future successes in the extended community.
    Apathia - New Zealand - 09:18 AM Monday, 24 Nov 2014

some players took part in a "weird" sexual forfeit involving beer bottles during the party, which was arranged by the players, not the club.

While she was not involved herself, Graham said in a statement, taken on behalf of the club by a detective, that the game left her feeling sick.

Others were said to be disgusted, and at one point it is claimed a barmaid burst into tears and had to be comforted by one of the crew.

http://m.nzherald.co.nz/rugby/news/a...ectid=11721020