Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: Rolling Rugby Thread

Wales vs Scotland was hilarious.

Humiliation for Scotland on a scale to compare to Wales vs England at the last World Cup, if not Brazil vs Germany at Brazil's ridiculous football fiesta!

Most of Wales best players out of action, yet the patched together team demolished a much-feted Scottish side. Back to school Rob Roys!

Craner, Luka....anyone watching Australia-Ireland?
    After a fallow period, seems like international rugby is coming back to life. Australia and South Africa much, much better than they have been recently, even though that's not necessarily saying that much.
    I continue to be impressed by this Irish team, though on the fence as to whether there's any chance of them unseating the ABs in the 2019 WC.

i was working. nz could very well lose the next world cup (probably not to the irish though they underperfom on that stage) but i dont like the focus on the world cup at all. devalues test matches too much.

i'm out of touch with nz rugby. last time ive had a good look was the lions tour which went much the way i expected it to. it was the weakest nz side in a long time and i doubt theyve improved at all since then, the competition on the other hand (england in particular) as gone backwards so the gap is as large as ever.

the one game i did get to see was france vs nz in the under 20s and france absolutely demolished them with brutal forawrd power. scrums were as one sided as any ive seen.

Certainly wasn't my intention to over-prioritise the World Cup - in fact while watching IRE-AUS I was thinking about the different cultures of rugby and football, and the way in which the Test Match series concept gives life to fixtures that in football are just dreary pointless friendlies. As in cricket I suppose? The intensity of 3-5 matches against the same opponent - seems very primal. To me, Lions' tours will always >>> the World Cup (the idea that they might have cancelled them after 2017 is mindboggling).

For the good of the game, I'd like to see Ireland win some series in the SH and close the gap with NZ. This series vs Australia has showed how far they have to go, but the decider will likely be a thriller

I saw highlights of the U20s after you flagged it on Facebook. Odd to see the All Blacks suffering that much