Ants are amazing

muser

all of those groups of insects that seem to almost act as one big brain are pretty amazing, alltho ants seem to have some of the most complex networks. Honey bees have all these weird dances that they do around each other in the hive to tell other bees what direction flowers are by compass point and send out scouts to find them which is pretty mad.

Last edited:

nomadthethird

more issues than Time mag
Cool, this one was on the sidebar too: ants dispense with sex and evolves into all-female species.

I've heard geneticists say that the y chromosome in humans is losing genes and genetic variability all the time, while the x is gaining them. Apparently, some scientists think human males will drop the y eventually (we're talking 150,000 years or more) and evolve through switching to another chromosome with more variability. This has already happened in other species (frogs, or some amphibians I think), so there's a precedent for it. So weird. So eventually instead of having xx and xy, it could be xx and xz or something else.

unpardag73

Banned
My wife got this in an email today, Ill attach the instructions, which are quite simple. Read them, then click on the link. Truely AMAZING
PS.... its a clean site