benga made me think i was gonna die

zhao

there are no accidents
it was raining, i was on my bike, illegally crossing a major intersection and making a left turn, was listening to that track on Diary Of with the little voice sample which sounds like squarepusher, and this sound of screeching tires --- i pictured a truck sliding toward me, with breaks locked, from behind --- honestly thought i was done for. hello nurse. hello morgue. --- and then realized that it was in the song. fuck

petergunn

plywood violin
it was raining, i was on my bike, illegally crossing a major intersection and making a left turn, was listening to that track on Diary Of with the little voice sample which sounds like squarepusher, and this sound of screeching tires --- i pictured a truck sliding toward me, with breaks locked, from behind --- honestly thought i was done for. hello nurse. hello morgue. --- and then realized that it was in the song. fuck

dude, don't ride yr bike with yr ipod on, it's fucking dangerous... biking in an urban environment requires your ears as welll as yr eyes...

signed,

your mom
(an ex-courier)

zhao

there are no accidents
dude, don't ride yr bike with yr ipod on, it's fucking dangerous... biking in an urban environment requires your ears as welll as yr eyes...

signed,

your mom
(an ex-courier)

i love it so much though! cruising through the city with a pimp soundtrack... i suppose i should give up smoking (again) too... sigh

nomadthethird

more issues than Time mag

signed,

your mom
(an ex-courier)

My good friend was jumped from behind by several guys and robbed (this was in the 90s on Riverside!!) while listening to an iPod really loudly. He looked like they'd bashed his face in with a baseball bat for weeks. After that he started trying to act really tough all the time, I think they might have called him a "fag" (and he's like the least gay seeming of my friends)...

I also witnessed two separate incidents in Germany where the bus I was riding hit a bicyclist.

Last edited:

petergunn

plywood violin
My good friend was jumped from behind by several guys and robbed (this was in the 90s on Riverside!!) .

not to poke fun, but this is literally one of the nicest sections of all of NYC, so pretty and mellow up there... got some great jungle records (early early congo natty) at the salvation army at 96th two blogs in from riverside...)

luka

yeah we had this discussion before. nice to get a chance to agree with zhao. you know its dumb but few things beat weaving through traffic at top speed with beat deafening your ears/

nomadthethird

more issues than Time mag
not to poke fun, but this is literally one of the nicest sections of all of NYC, so pretty and mellow up there... got some great jungle records (early early congo natty) at the salvation army at 96th two blogs in from riverside...)

yeah i know, that's why I put the exclamation marks on that post. my friend with an eight-figure trust fund lives up there. it happened early in the evening, too.

it's a hop skip and jump down from harlem so it makes sense to go rich kid spotting around there...

i don't think zhao should stop using the ipod, it's just weird how many horror stories i've heard about people with headphones on getting robbed and shit in NYC

Last edited:

zhao

there are no accidents
Yeah, me too, but using headphones on a bike is now illegal and fine-able here in Barcelona.

illegal here too. but so is smoking weed and you smell it practically on every street corner and doods sell it in the park right next to the cop shop.

the worst are the trams here, they are so friggin quiet that you don't hear them coming even without headphones, like you would with a car. several times i was almost hit with no headphones on.

lazybones

f, d , d+f , p.
i had an ipod bicycle accident once
i was just cycling down the road to get the guardian and the daily sport listening to some aphex twin of all things ( ipod shuffle for you ) , it was a bit grating/annoying and loud, so i lost concentration and went right into a curb(at speed), flew off , bike left in pieces.... escaped with really cut up arms. oh dear. never again.:eek: