Grand Theft Auto

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Can you actually get away from the cops if there's a helicopter above you?

Don't think I've ever seen footage of an escape.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Now I think about it, it seems odd that there haven't been more real life imitations of GTA by mass shooter psychos.

Probably because actually taking on armed police IRL is going to end quickly and not in your favour

william_kent

GTA III - stand on top of the multi-story car park, snipe at pedestrians until the helicopter appears, blow it up as @luka suggests, then you should be at 5 star wanted level - the army will appear with tanks but they can't get in to the car park - you can dash out and hopefully steal a tank

edit: I managed to steal a tank a few times but the army can be a bit aggressive when you run out of the car park...

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I tried getting into GtaV and gave up because I was so shit at driving and I find the gunfights to be boring.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Pretty sure I am. I'm very bad at driving in games.

I just keep hitting everything and fucking up my paintwork.

luka

the one with three characters you switch between? the driving was famously difficult in IV (which i've never played) and comically easy in V (which i've just finished playing through again actually)

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Yeah that's the one - like I said, I'm shit at driving games.

Or maybe I just didn't try for long enough.

luka

its the right place to set it. mvuent told me and edmund that florida is the petri dish of america, its where all the strange mutations are happening

version

Interesting it appears to be set in the present day, but they've used a Tom Petty tune from the '80s in the trailer. Wonder if they're gonna maintain the '80s Miami thing people expect from Vice City despite the smartphones, twerking, etc.

luka

it's much harder compiling contemporary stuff than it is pulling hits out the vintage bin.