Grand Theft Auto

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
One of the best things about GTA for me is just driving around the city listening to music. As a nondriver IRL this is the closest I can get, with the added bonus that it's in California, with a perfect pixelated sunset. And driving at night, beautiful.

Didn't really like the actual game that much though.

I read an article somewhere or other recently that theorised a connection between people's love of open world games e.g. skyrim with their actual inability to get out into the countryside.

Best game I've played in recent years has been SuperMario Odyssey. FYI

Pearsall

Prodigal Son
i also think there's a tech question here too. isnt it the case that you cant easily crack/download computer games? whereas MP3s are everywhere. Surely when games do become easier to download than buy, these mega-sales figures will fall. that doesnt mean their influence will fall, as people will still play them, but their revenue might - and games arent something small indie players make and sell for small units (like music...).

emphasis mine. interesting how quickly things change ...

version

tommyvercetti.jpg

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
It's a shame that game will never exist cos Rockstar would do it so well.

So many stereotypes to play with. So much to satirise.

Can you imagine doing missions where you're driving around the M25 organising/taking out raves?

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I feel like it's the sort of thing Rockstar would have done back when they were a small scrappy company.

But GTA is so huge now that they can't do something that niche. Although OTOH Americans love London. Maybe they could do one in modern day London with Giggs doing a cameo.

luka

climbing on the roof of tower blocks to put up a radio transmitter. Night-fishing in the canals. Dogging missions in Epping forest.