What are you writing?

you

ha - wow, I sort of don't believe in anything - but I know the reader, the consumer needs to believe they're investing in something with some weight, some cultural capital - so if it's read as funny thats good - but if people feel it's serious that's equally good, personally i'm only concerned with mixing aesthetics, making some intriguing juxtapositions - I don't know if i'm serious or not to be honest....

Last edited:

luka

BLACK FLEET.
Myrmidions primarily, and some from Thessaly.
Furriers, mostly, and those from Huddersfield. Stevedores. Railway Clerks. Logicians.
A spurious modelling of cosmic forces. Rogue astrologer. Starbeams tickle embryo.
A Hero rises Randian from Human Slop. Jutting of jaw and firm of resolve. Looks good in a suit. Summarily smites Weakness and Decadence. The servility of the Herd is doing his head in. Their weakness rouses his cruelty.
A sneer realigns the corvine geometry of his face.
I AM NOT YOUR LEADER-I AM YOUR LIBERATOR
that's what he keeps trying to drum into them but they keep grovelling, genuflecting, grabbing at the hem of his garment, grubby fingers ruffling the poise of a mohair jacket. Enough to make you sick. The more you smite them the more hungirly they come crawling back.
A Cruel Man by our parochial, debased standards, but one operating ultimately in a seperate, distinct and entrily alien Moral Universe, larger and unimaginably grander than our own.
DOLPHIN LABORATORY
He said in a rare interview
I'm an Imperialist in the old-fashioned sense and my interest is in Empire. I'm a builder of Empires. That's the reason I'm swimming in this human swamp.
To found, maintain and expand an Empire one must be both Historian and Visionary. I've studied all the Great Empires of the Past. Trying to distill the Rules of the Game.
We must understand the future becasue we live in the future. We create Markets. We manufacture desires. We are an Empire now and we create our own Reality.
Our decisions are based on events which have yet to occur. We react to the promptings of prophecy, not to the footfalls of laggardly history, by then, it is already too late. A lot of it is just GGI, getting good information.
WE ARE EVERYWHERE.
Engineer Outcomes. Incentivise Positive Product Placement. I like mirrors, antique mirrors. Put two mirrors to face one another and they say you can trap a ghost. Red Octobers. Dynamic Synergy. Look what they did to Napoleon.
Well I like good hotels and I like good luggage.
Luggage is important to me.
Protocols are in place. Think of a potato. Now the potato does its growing under the ground, nestled with the worms in the dank soil, you don't see it happen. It emerges fully formed. Like gold.
SEE THE MARKET. FREE THE MARKET. BE THE MARKET. -
That's my 3 part Strategy for Success.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Has anyone here published anything on the Amazon Kindle self-publish thingumy? I don't have a Kindle myself but it seems like a great way to publish stuff for free and possibly make money from it, if people want to read it.

BLACK FLEET.
Myrmidions primarily, and some from Thessaly.
Furriers, mostly, and those from Huddersfield. Stevedores. Railway Clerks. Logicians.
A spurious modelling of cosmic forces. Rogue astrologer. Starbeams tickle embryo.
A Hero rises Randian from Human Slop. Jutting of jaw and firm of resolve. Looks good in a suit. Summarily smites Weakness and Decadence. The servility of the Herd is doing his head in. Their weakness rouses his cruelty.
A sneer realigns the corvine geometry of his face.
I AM NOT YOUR LEADER-I AM YOUR LIBERATOR
that's what he keeps trying to drum into them but they keep grovelling, genuflecting, grabbing at the hem of his garment, grubby fingers ruffling the poise of a mohair jacket. Enough to make you sick. The more you smite them the more hungirly they come crawling back.
A Cruel Man by our parochial, debased standards, but one operating ultimately in a seperate, distinct and entrily alien Moral Universe, larger and unimaginably grander than our own.
DOLPHIN LABORATORY
He said in a rare interview
I'm an Imperialist in the old-fashioned sense and my interest is in Empire. I'm a builder of Empires. That's the reason I'm swimming in this human swamp.
To found, maintain and expand an Empire one must be both Historian and Visionary. I've studied all the Great Empires of the Past. Trying to distill the Rules of the Game.
We must understand the future becasue we live in the future. We create Markets. We manufacture desires. We are an Empire now and we create our own Reality.
Our decisions are based on events which have yet to occur. We react to the promptings of prophecy, not to the footfalls of laggardly history, by then, it is already too late. A lot of it is just GGI, getting good information.
WE ARE EVERYWHERE.
Engineer Outcomes. Incentivise Positive Product Placement. I like mirrors, antique mirrors. Put two mirrors to face one another and they say you can trap a ghost. Red Octobers. Dynamic Synergy. Look what they did to Napoleon.
Well I like good hotels and I like good luggage.
Luggage is important to me.
Protocols are in place. Think of a potato. Now the potato does its growing under the ground, nestled with the worms in the dank soil, you don't see it happen. It emerges fully formed. Like gold.
SEE THE MARKET. FREE THE MARKET. BE THE MARKET. -
That's my 3 part Strategy for Success.

Enjoyed that. More than anything else you've written, it reminds me of Steve Aylett's Inflatable Volunteer.

slim jenkins

El Hombre Invisible
Has anyone here published anything on the Amazon Kindle self-publish thingumy? I don't have a Kindle myself but it seems like a great way to publish stuff for free and possibly make money from it, if people want to read it.

No, but I'm thinking of trying it, either with my book on Jazz or something else...like Scribble Electric, which I can see selling very well...hah! ;)

D

droid

Right, well I don't know what anyone here's going to make of this, exactly. The title is (yawn) a Lovecraft gag but I found that it somehow started out as a rather whimsical magic-realist Bildungsroman that gradually morphs into surreal horror. Um. Whatever, I'd be thrilled if anyone wanted to read some of it and give me their opinion (on-blog comments are welcome as ever).

The Dulwich Horror

Part 1 - Part 2 - Part 3 - Part 4 - Part 5

It's a work in progress - it'll probably go up to 7 or 8 parts when I'm done.

Tea - you have to check this out. Breccia's 70's Lovecraft adaptations. Its in Spanish but its exceptional: http://kadathcityofgods.blogspot.com/2009/02/lovecraft-breccia-los-mitos-de-cthulhu.html

you

Tea - well cool, but i'm still holding out for the limited run, signed, CCP scarred leather bound edition with the papyrus paper pages and a bound vicuna and silk bookmark...

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Tea - well cool, but i'm still holding out for the limited run, signed, CCP scarred leather bound edition with the papyrus paper pages and a bound vicuna and silk bookmark...

...that no mortal dare read, save that he awaken nameless horrors from the abysmal depths of infinite Time to blast his puny mammalian mind into a thousand screaming shards, all the while tormented by the thin, monotonous whining of an accursed flute clutched in nameless paws and the maddening beat of vile, muffled drums?

Nah. Penguin might be interested though.

Last edited:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I hate to derail this thread, but can anyone recommend a good ereader for Mac? Free?

I am having trouble...

I've got a Windows laptop, but this is the Mac OS version of the Kindle Previewer I downloaded. Really haven't got the foggiest idea why it needs to be 50 MB, but it is free.

Enjoy the read!

Last edited:

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
Been a bit reticent about posting these here, but what the hell. Some book reviews I've been doing for a blog:
http://curiousjoe.org/author/euanmcclymont/
I'm doing these once a month at the moment. If anyone has any suggestions for books I should review in the future then I'm def open to ideas. Not sure I've fully found the voice/tone I want for these yet, but I'm starting to quite enjoy doing them.

you

I ɴ●Ϣ Ӊ▲𐌞ξ ლλ ●Ϣɴ UɴIQUξ sξ♰ ●ϝ UɴI☾●ↁξ ☾Ӊ▲ᴙ☾♰ξᴙs - still writing and bloggin the same old shit with it

luka

i was fiddling the othr day with this and forgot about it but it made me laugh today cos th guardian stole my idea and have a story about ring of prayer they stole from this sketchbook thing

grotesque hermitige. grey sheets. prayers drooled into a pillow.
fairground in which children are taken into slavery.... ghost train carriage stops in total darkness, scream muffled with strong hand, rag, chrlorophyll....
in the hall of magic mirrors two-way mirrors conceal men in
wotan. thor. frigg
armies of reanimated corpes march on th houses of parliament. gargoyles slough off stone, become rough flesh, uncoil themselves, take flight
a ring of vicars surrounds th parliament buildings. they hold hands and sing hymns of the church militant. soft hands and clammy.

faustus

I've spent a lot of time this year sending copies of manuscripts to agents and publishers, to absolutely no response.

So I've set up a blog to maybe try and publicise my two novels a bit. It's either little bits of my own writing or extracts from other books that for some reason seemed appropriate or had something to do with the topics (teaching, China, writing, foreignness)