Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2331323334 LastLast

Thread: What are you writing?

I only just saw that luka posted all those instagrams... I apologise, I must make time to read them soon

Came in here to talk about eradicating bad habits in my writing, prompted by happening upon this post by yours truly:

'I think this is OTM, insofar as I find it hard to accept that people living in poverty in the UK are not better off than they would be living in poverty in India, say, and that's because I assume they still have access to clean water, heating, and even TVs/phones. It's easy to assume that society as a whole is affluent because of these gizmos (and relative to other countries, the UK is affluent, one assumes).'

'Assumes' is a word I use too much. 'Obviously' is another. Help me napalm my prose style!

You know what Iím like. I want to be different.

I am trying to establish a connection to the starry outside, that huge black thing that goes on forever.

Whatís needed is a line of communication. Earth is too small for me and the gravity gets me down. My brain is so huge and exquisitely structured that only an alien intelligence from a highly advanced civilization could really understand me and make me laugh. A lady with silver skin that is always completely cold. Imagine me, itís very poignant, so lonely on this world, sending beams of thought and intention into outer space, and receiving nothing in reply. The stars watch but donít whisper. Not to me.

Doom steers me. I open my heart to
    Them. Itís not just a performance. I wanted to get away. Bane. To run, just laughing, and the body full of joy. But itís strange sometimes and I feel Iíve lost something, the warmth of myself, close at hand, right there, an intimate thing, like holding hands. Thatís what despair is like. The distances
    are very long.

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    You know what Iím like. I want to be different.

I am trying to establish a connection to the starry outside, that huge black thing that goes on forever.
    It's a mystery to me why you don't dig Lovecraft. Is it his florid prose that puts you off, or the fact that it's "for nerds" (e.g. Mr. Tea)?
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

i do dig lovecraft. ive been urging you to read the new grapejuice essay about him.

http://groupnameforgrapejuice.blogspot.co.uk/

5. The Following User Says Thank You to luka For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    i do dig lovecraft. ive been urging you to read the new grapejuice essay about him.

http://groupnameforgrapejuice.blogspot.co.uk/
    Oh OK, I was sure you didn't use to. Haven't ignored that post, it's on my to-read list.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

it's my 1st anniversary down at the thames with a typewriter. if youre down bankside today
    say hello.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to luka For This Useful Post:

oi corpse you need to write something weekly and post it on here so we can tell you you're a genius.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to sadmanbarty For This Useful Post:

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to subvert47 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by subvert47 View Post
    woah! hardcore.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Matthew For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    woah! hardcore.
    As in hardcore...

(ē_ē)
    ( ē_ē)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

...pawn?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Tea For This Useful Post:

19. The Following User Says Thank You to version For This Useful Post:

I can't write, it's too difficult. I just end up with a weak imitation of whichever writers I'm into at the time. I think part of the problem is that you have to actually have something to write about and can't play about in the same way as you can with something like music. You have to have definite words and things you want to get down.

this is what i do with my days
    not bad for 2 minutes work even if i do say so myself
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BkQbLpIn...gged=southbank

Quote Originally Posted by version View Post
    I can't write, it's too difficult. I just end up with a weak imitation of whichever writers I'm into at the time. I think part of the problem is that you have to actually have something to write about and can't play about in the same way as you can with something like music. You have to have definite words and things you want to get down.
    pick. puck. peck. peek. pack. pock. pox.
    keel. cale. coal. cool. coo. coup. coot. cleat.
    clash. clack. clique. cleave. clan. clap. clog. clod. cloth.
    kith. kin. kip. pith. puff. pique. peck.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to luka For This Useful Post: