What are you writing?

luka

yeah, that was good, that was pete, our spiritual leader, the window fitter. he loved arsenal, had had a season ticket since he was a kid. sits behind the manager dugout,you can see him on MOTD quite often. we wound him up about it cos west ham is in east ham as you know and he was seconds from the ground. what you doing supporting arsenal pete?

luka

i learned a lot of good skills. like the one where you catch the ball on the back of your neck then flick it up again, round the worlds and all that sort of thing, my brothers a good football player and he showed me. ive got a lovely touch but im not fit ennough or competitive enough to make much impact on a match.

scottdisco

rip this joint please
it sounds like a really tight crew, a great situation.

the thing with Pete reminds me of that bit when Nick Hornby describes going to see the Arsenal play at Reading as a boy - in Fever Pitch - and having the mick taken out of him by the patriarch of a Reading family when Hornby reveals he lives in Maidenhead.

"you should be supporting your local team this afternoon!"

Agent

dgaf ngaf cgaf
Isn't chin-chin Japanese slang for (inappropriately) penis?

ha- idk. i will ask her though. she is Chinese(living in Beijing currently), it may have a different meaning in Japanese. The book will be published by Trolley Books, anyone familiar with that name??

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
Which one?

It's called "my bed is a time machine', it's run by a girl called Danielle Lewis outta Montreal, she's friends with the Discriminating Gentlemen's Club lot

http://www.dgc-cga.org/

who are mates of mine. I don't think I've met her though, though I've always been so drunk whenever I've met them - both in London and Montreal - that I doubt if I'd remember if I had!

jonny mugwump

exotic pylon
i'm writing a piece about derek jarman with short dissections of various aspects of his life and work. especially his garden. goddamn love that man's garden :D

Agent

dgaf ngaf cgaf
Complete at your leisure: "I haven't seen such a lot of cunts since..."

"I went to that Hot Chip show at the Variety," i'll give it some thought, i should manage to come up with something better than that. this is the best advice i've gotten in a long time. gracie. :)

nomadthethird

more issues than Time mag
"I went to that Hot Chip show at the Variety," i'll give it some thought, i should manage to come up with something better than that. this is the best advice i've gotten in a long time. gracie. :)

I thought of quite a few of these but most of them were concerts...

Most of them were DFA artists' concerts actually.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
Complete at your leisure: "I haven't seen such a lot of cunts since..."

... my year of taking music industry arts at a private "college" in Toronto, later dropping out after some paedophilic man-child of an instructor tried to make me re-take his asinine flash animation course because I didn't show up a couple of times. I later found out that if I didn't drop out voluntarily, that week they were going to expell me for generally "being a bastard."

Every person involved in this institution, from the past-it irrelevent boy's club of "professors" who it became clear had formed the college as a retirement plan for a world that no longer wanted them and probably even more as a way to reassure themselves of their massive, but slowly deflating egos, to the brainless student body consisting entirely of failed musicians, fans of the TV show "Entourage", and university graduates horrified at having their life-support removed, to me, for being the dumb cunt to actually sign up.

One girl was alright though, this big black ghetto-fabulous trailer trash girl from Newfoundland. She was just as delusional as anybody else there, but her naivety was so powerful you believed in it. One day the aforementioned man-child told her to take her earphones out even though she wasn't wearing any and she (very loudly) called him a cocksucker. He responded all smarmy and sarcastic (but clearly hurt) "Yes. That's right. I suck cocks."

That was enough for me. It made me despise the music industry and give up all aspirations to pursue a career within it.

Now I write news.

Last edited:

jambo

slip inside my schlafsack
"I went to that Hot Chip show at the Variety,"
I'm trying to work out in what sense you mean this. Having witnessed a Hot Chip in-store I noted that the old line about 'what's got 86 legs and no pubic hair' kind of applied, which was a bit odd.

Agent

dgaf ngaf cgaf
I'm trying to work out in what sense you mean this. Having witnessed a Hot Chip in-store I noted that the old line about 'what's got 86 legs and no pubic hair' kind of applied, which was a bit odd.

Hot Chip is this band - they're ok, someone roped me into going and i'd never heard of them. it wasn't really my crowd: http://www.myspace.com/hotchip

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
The weird thing about Hot Chip is that the music press hype them up as being this indie band with benefits, then you listen to a song and you might even think it's ok, then you watch one of their music videos and all of a sudden this powerful vaccuum sucks all sound out of the room, and you immediately decide you hate them and have a cold shower.

nomadthethird

more issues than Time mag
"...I worked as a gynecologist."

I know many women who are MDs think it's a no-brainer to specialize in obstetrics/gynecology, but it seems like such an awful thing to deal with all day.

Unwanted pregnancies, STDs, and yeast infections...sounds kind of humdrum and depressing.

swears

preppy-kei
That gag was actually inspired by a friend who managed a karoke bar. When asked how it was going he said "You don't wanna know mate, a gynecologist deals with less cunts than I do." He probably nicked it off someone else, though.