What are you writing?

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Hey Craner, I liked

Have you had things published? I mean, on paper, and got money for them? You're more fun to read than a hell of a lot of the crap that clutters up 'proper' newspapers.

Tell me more about self-replicating WMD and GREY GOO.

luka

Craner can't cope with the real world he's an artist and needs and deserves an agent to deal with that stuff for him

luka

I'm writing an essay for school. Im not sure what it's about yet and I've only got another 500 words left to find out. Its got some nice metaphors and conceits but no actual argument.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Sounds like you're all set for a career as a respected broadsheet 'opinion' journalist.

Have you read any of my new stories? They're quite good, especially the first three and number 6, I think.

luka

Not yet tea ☕ but I will first I have a court appearance tomorrow (not as defendant) then the last 5 days off my course and I have two essays to write. I will read them but it's toxic stress at the moment it'll be better after tomorrow hopefully

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Ah right, well that's fair enough. Best of luck getting through all that.

I like the pictograms by the way, good stuff.

droid

It might appear quaint in the 21st century world where TV and film have made advances in a range of genres but the novel remains distinct and special. The physical aspect of the novel is about the inter-relation between the words and the eye. The creation of the word inside the reader’s head is fundamental. All else fails by comparison. The immediacy of film - its drama is compelling without doubt a force to be reckoned with but the solitary nature of the connection between reader and language is without compare. You and me alone, together.

Well said.

Also, it seems I go blind after about 2 mins of white text on black.

craner

Beast of Burden
I will read this tomorrow, Jenks. Luka's giving it praise and I look forward to it. Maybe we can work up a literary spat, haven't had one of those for a while.

jenks

thread death
luka - thanks for that.

craner - I'd be interested in your thoughts...I dunno if I have the chops to get into a spat with you but I'll give it a go.

Benny Bunter

a 3000 word analysis of culture-specific language items in the English translation of José Donoso's El obsceno pájaro de la noche.

The short version: if you want to enjoy this book, learn spanish.

its actually taken me three times as long to put together the bibliography and references than actually write the bloody thing.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I clicked this one nearly at random, but gravitated towards fruiting bodies. It delivered, nicely uncanny. Really good, perfect length too. I'm going to dive into another one.

Thanks! I think the first three or four and number six are the best ones. I made myself laugh with Rector vs Spectre, too.