Famous people with prison connections

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Shamelessly self-seeking in that it relates to some work I have to do, but can anyone name famous people/'slebs who have been in prison, have a family member who is/has been in prison, or have other connections to the criminal justice system (a week in prison for something minor doesn't count in this survey!)?

Those in the UK would be the ones relevant to me, but for interest's sake, answers from further afield are also welcomed.

Thus far, I have: Ronnie O'Sullivan, "Lord" Archer (yeesh), Jade Goody, Martha Lane-Fox (co-founder of lastminute.com)....

STN

sou'wester
I believe Gordon Ramsy has a brother who is in prison.

Leslie Grantham has been in prison, as has Jonathan Aitken.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Ian Brady, Myra Hindley, Pete Sutcliffe, Harry Shipman...

(I guess you probably mean people famous for something other than being a criminal, though...)

Edit: Stalin did time, didn't he? Hitler, too. Do you mean people around nowadays?

jambo

slip inside my schlafsack
Ricky Tomlinson.

I remember Jonny Whatsisface from breakfast TV did time for selling Es I think?

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Boy George could be off to prison for handcuffing that rent boy. There's Gary Glitter too, of course.

scottdisco

rip this joint please
the Stone Rose Ian Brown did time and - IIRC - after he got out showed some interest in doing a tour of some prisons, did the odd interview about conditions etc, showed some genuine humanity about it.

don't know if this ever translated into becoming a card carrying Howard League bod or anything.

the footballer Lee Hughes was imprisoned for death by dangerous driving and leaving the scene of an accident. WBA terminated his contract. a few years earlier he had been the toast of the town when he scored some silly amount of league goals for them in one season.

Tom Sizemore.
(certainly in at least one major film of his, his character is a jailbird. in Heat, his guy is supposed to have been in Joliet or Marion or somewhere i think. the character played by Tone Loc says he has all sorts of "jail-house tatts"..)

swears

preppy-kei
I was quite suprised to learn that rent-a-toff Stephen Fry did 3 months for credit card fraud when he was 18.

Tanadan

likes things
I think I read in an old (like mid 90s) interview with Goldie that his (step? real?) brother went to jail at some point - he drew a comparison between his own motivation, due to having been at an orphanage, and his brother's descent into criminal activities because he'd had a family. But I don't remember many of the details.

jambo

slip inside my schlafsack
Johnny Vaughan I think?
That's the feller. It seems he was trying to assist in the offloading of a quantity of 'white girls' to a gentleman who turned out to be affiliated with the feds. Something like that.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Great thinking people, esp. Ramsay and Tomlinson (for my, obviously nefarious, purposes).

Any other businesspeople though, apart from Ms Lane-Fox?

crackerjack

Don't forget Rick Ross, the self-styled gangsta rapper who was actually a prison guard (not that the 2 are necessarily mutually exclusive). obviously, the rappers are legion, if foreign - most notably Tupac, but also Shine, Prodigy, that blloke out the Lox who stabbed someone in the arse.

Hugh Cornwell of the the Stranglers done a bit ov bird for smack possession.

Mick & Keef famously got sent down, then let out (don't know how much time, if any, was actually served).

Presumably Frank MacAvennie (sp?) of West Ham was sent down - he was certainly caught with a ton* of coke.

Likewise that bloke out of Bay City Rollers

Barbara Windsor's fella, Ronnnie Knight, was a runaway - did he ever do time?

*not literally, but lots

crackerjack

other business people? Well there was Ernest Saunders.....the first and only man ever to recover from Alzheimers. Amaziing how the stinking rich get all the luck.