Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wots Ur Starsign?

I'm a Pisces. I trust this is obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    ive met a lot of bloggers. the only ones which are anything like their online personnas are me and craner.
    the others are um, very very different.
    i'm exactly, and i mean EXACTLY what i seem online if you meet me in person. zhao is my real name, and i have no secrets.

no Craner i wouldn't have guessed... you don't wear your heart on your sleeve as much as me.

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    i need to know....
    i think you should try and guess other popeles too. like zhao must be something like a fish or something cos hes all emotional and sensitve and that. and mms might be a scorpio cos hes all snarky and competitve and sly.
    I'm quite the opposite, im a cancerian but with leo rising which may be why you as a leo think i'm competitive and sly, which is something i personally don't think i am at all.
    Last edited by mms; 17-01-2009 at 09:37 AM.

Ignore him, he's being snarky.

I'm one of a rare line of Piscean Straussian scholars, by the way. I'm pretty special.

i was told by a person who knows quite alot about this stuff that its all rather complex so the real part of your starsign is your rising sign, which you can only get if you know the exact time of your birth etc. i guess for most people that's just a guess.

The whole rising sign thing surely points out the fact that this is a ridiculous man-made phenomena...I mean, someone was just trying to spin the whole thing out. Hang on, I'll find out what mine is. My mother is bound to know....

Quote Originally Posted by craner View Post
    The whole rising sign thing surely points out the fact that this is a ridiculous man-made phenomena...
    how?

Er, I don't know. What's the basis of it? How does the time of day you were born affect your personality? I can't square it with Freud, I'm afraid.

My rising sign is Scorpio. Apparently: "passionate, secretive, powerful".

Quote Originally Posted by nomadthesecond View Post
    Luka I might guess an air sign for you, some astrologers equate air signs with creativity, I'm thinking gemini.

Vimothy seems like a capricorn.
    Looks like you're confusing me with Luka! (I'm not a Gemini though).

Quote Originally Posted by craner View Post
    My rising sign is Scorpio. Apparently: "passionate, secretive, powerful".
    Snap, I think.

Aries

Well, I'm a Leo but I wouldn't necessarily say I'm a lot like Luka - not that I've ever met him.

The people who I know as Aries are all quite Arieslike - independent and combative characters. That's as far as I've got with my research on astrology.

Best thing to do is give questionnaires to people who know you vaguely (ie are ignorant of your birthday) and have them assess your personality, which assessment you can then compare against astrological expectations. A Nobel-winning scientist did this and got positive results - it's in his autobiography. Can't remember his name but I know that he surfs and has a rep for eccentricity.

PS I can't work out whether that's the Fonz or Carrie Fisher you've got there, Rich. Whoever it is, it looks like they're squinting - is heshe from the film Face Without An Eyes?
    Last edited by mixed_biscuits; 17-01-2009 at 12:51 PM.

It is indeed although now I actually see it up there I'm considering changing it for something more colourful.