Wots Ur Starsign?

luka

childrens dreams i think are always teeming with cartoon characters. i had a recurring dream about dungeon master from the cartoon. wise old man archetype. i used to love those dreams. i had a particularly vivid gummi bears nightmare too.

my biggest recurring nightmare problem wasn't even just when i was asleep it was always when i was in bed, conscious, or semi-consecious or sleeping. i'd be going down a slide barefoot and there was broken glass at the bottom. there were a few variations but that was the general idea. youre heading towards this unspeakably agonising expericnce and you cxan't do nothing to stop it

nomadthethird

more issues than Time mag
Yeah I always wondered if cartoon dreams were common.

Probably the most common recurring theme in my nightmares is being chased, but the weirdest nightmare I ever had was that I was watching myself being cannibalized in some kind of backwoods shack. Then at some point I realized, wait, how am I still alive if that person is eating me? I would've bled to death by now.

Sometimes I wish I could sleep without dreaming. I sleep like I'm in a coma and have very vivid dreams.

luka

yeah getting chased was my favourite, i still get it sometimes. never had a clue what/who was chasing me. i just liked the suspense, and the hiding. sometimes i had a girl with me. she was my lovely friend but maybe not really a lover at the age of 5 or whatever. we would just be moving acorss the countryside, hiding under portacabins and stuff.

D

droid

childrens dreams i think are always teeming with cartoon characters. i had a recurring dream about dungeon master from the cartoon. wise old man archetype. i used to love those dreams. i had a particularly vivid gummi bears nightmare too.

350601174_1424999879.jpg

gummi_bears.jpg

Terrifying.

I used to have recurring 'my little pony' nightmares.

swears

preppy-kei
...but I have had the teeth shattering and falling out all at once dream, which Freud said was a castration anxiety dream.

When I first left education and starting working I had the teeth falling out dream all the time, someone told me it's about insecurity, perhaps... I assumed it's linked to memories of losing baby teeth as a kid, growing up, moving on.

I used to have literal castration dreams at age 10/11, just as my balls were dropping. I'd dream my penis and/or testicles had just fallen off (but with no blood or wounds, like they just unplugged) and I'd start to panic that I didn't know how to put them back again. Similar dreams about arms/legs, my spine breaking, most of the time these dreams weren't that even that scary, just very uncanny and confusing.

re: cartoon dreams, I'd dream about cartoons but the details wouldn't be quite right: the ninja turtles would be blue, or Spiderman would have a flying car or something. They'd all have a weird melancholy quality, as well.

mixed_biscuits

Once you develop a more sociable, obliging manner, you could open new gates to the future.

Yeah, right. :slanted:

Last edited:

nomadthethird

Smoke weed. Though I assume you've tried this.

Yes, unfortunately it really has very little effect on me because I am on a (legal) combination of opiates and anticonvulsants that could tranquilize a couple of elephants no problem.

I really miss the days when I could smoke weed and feel an actual physical high with the music sounding better and food tasting good and minor hallucinatory properties. Sigh.

Swears said:
I had the teeth falling out dream all the time

It is a really strange dream, not scary but it seems quite real. The first time I had it I woke up thinking it had really happened.

I kind of wish it did though, I've always hated my teeth. My wisdom teeth came in impacted, so now they're crowding and I need them all out. As soon as I can afford it I'm getting a full set of porcelain veneers.

PeteUM

It's all grist
i had the teeth falling out dream last night, except they were falling from chris evans mouth.:eek:

This is pretty straightforward Freud-wise. Just an anxiety dream about being both castrated and a ginger. It's funny we were talking about therapy in the pub last night, as I think this highlights some issues.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
A friend of mine once hallucinated that his teeth were falling out while we were at a club - to the point of occasionally looking for them on the floor. It must be one of those really primaeval hard-wired things.

Freud fans amongs you may like to know that I once dreamt I was pregnant...

nomadthethird

That's strange, I've never dreamt that I was pregnant.

I've heard a lot of men say they dream they can fellate themselves but I don't know if that's just goof.

zhao

there are no accidents
That's strange, I've never dreamt that I was pregnant.

I've heard a lot of men say they dream they can fellate themselves but I don't know if that's just goof.

ive dreamt auto-fellatio. can attest that its not "just goof" (i like that phrase tho).

and in the dream i remember, it was very real. uncanny.

zhao

there are no accidents
yeah i've dreamt about giving myself a blowjob. extremely vivid it was too.

gutted when i woke up.

haha funny. :D amazing: the feeling of my own hard cock in my mouth... so life like. especially because ive never had any cock in my mouth ever, so the sensation i suppose is purely imagined... i was also very disappointed upon waking :D

i want to talk about dreams more. will start another thread.