Wots Ur Starsign?

luka

i need to know....
i think you should try and guess other popeles too. like zhao must be something like a fish or something cos hes all emotional and sensitve and that. and mms might be a scorpio cos hes all snarky and competitve and sly.

crackerjack

i used to know someone who was really into this. Obviously i told her it was a load of crap.

She said I was a cynic, and therefore a Sagittarius.

That shut me up.

vimothy

yurp
Cool -- I'm up for guessing -- but what do they mean? Need to know that first... Tried to google it and I just got reams of crap.

luka

yeah thats my problem too, im not sure what theyre supposed to mean.
i think libras and taurus's are supposed to be boring and scorpios are supposed to be evil cunts. apart from that im not sure.

nomadthethird

more issues than Time mag
Zhao is a pisces if there ever was one.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pisces_(astrology)

I'm a libra which is the "scales" and I have bipolar disorder and temporal lobe epilepsy so figure that one out.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libra_(astrology)

I guess the disorders cancel out some of the traits? A lot of it seems accurate. I'm pleasure-oriented. I like things that look nice. I like things to be fair (even if I'm not always fair to people). I am a flirt.

Re astrology I heard this one person say:

"If the moon can control the tides, and your body is 90% water, then of course the stars can control your body."

:confused:

One weird thing, though, is that libras are supposed to be friends with leo, and all my bestest friends have invariably been leos, and lovers with taurus (we both have Venus in our something something), and all of my serious relationships have been tauruses. Heh.

It is true.

Last edited:

nomadthethird

i need to know....
i think you should try and guess other popeles too. like zhao must be something like a fish or something cos hes all emotional and sensitve and that. and mms might be a scorpio cos hes all snarky and competitve and sly.

Luka I might guess an air sign for you, some astrologers equate air signs with creativity, I'm thinking gemini.

Vimothy seems like a capricorn.

zhao

there are no accidents
yes, of course you all are right about my star sign. March 18th makes me one of the last of the pisces, the last sign in the cycle, before Aries starts on the 20th, and the whole thing starts again. i mean it shouldn't have been difficult to guess, and no secret... considering how many times i've recounted that this or that song made me cry again in the dj booth.

my first half proper reading was by my first girlfriend's mother, and ever since i've been sure that this astrology thing is real. only complicated because of all the bullshit out there -- but if you find someone who knows what they're doing, get a reading done... and if you are still skeptical, wait until you meet someone who really knows what they're doing, like can use the Chinese or Mayan calenders...

anyone with any kind of knowledge here, by the way?

Last edited:

nomadthethird

My father claims that even the Bible tells us that the ancients had wisdom that we've lost, and this wisdom is in the form of astrology... the wise men from the East used the stars to predict the birth of Jesus, etc. He has a bunch of examples and verses he has memorized that I couldn't possibly remember or cite for you. He really believes this AND he's a born-again-hippy Christian, so it's unclear to me whether he thinks astrology is paganism or occultism or what. That's the party line on astrology, anyway.

I always thought it was the mescalin talking but who knows? It's fun even in a hyperstitional way, esp since so many cultures have equivalents.

luka

i think it seems to work pretty well. maybe it shows through more in some people (zhao stand up!) than in others.
nomad, you wrong about me, but you did mention my sign in your post though.

luka

nah leo.
the reason i started this thread was a conversation with another leo mate about growling and roaring.
i didn't think anyone else done it but he reckons its just a lion thing. i was convinced.
when the energy levels get too high, the growl starts coming out. its really fun.
i loev my growl.

nomadthethird

ahh ok. I was going to say, if you're a capricorn, there's no way the zodiac is anywhere near right.

Phew!

I can see you as a leo. I like leos a lot, I usually think they have the best senses of humor.

nomadthethird

Actually, it's hard with creative writers on the internet because if you've never met them in person, it's like, to what extent is their online persona an invention of theirs that they put on for fun?

Or with anybody--to what extent is their online persona only a certain side of themselves, or only reflective of a certain mood?

I usually don't come on here when I'm in my worst moods, which is probably for the best.

Last edited:

luka

ive met a lot of bloggers. the only ones which are anything like their online personnas are me and craner.
the others are um, very very different.

luka

often borderline autisitc in fact. craner needs a lot of warming up. you have to feed him enormous quantities of red wine, then he becomes entertaining.

zhao

there are no accidents
ive met a lot of bloggers. the only ones which are anything like their online personnas are me and craner.
the others are um, very very different.

i'm exactly, and i mean EXACTLY what i seem online if you meet me in person. zhao is my real name, and i have no secrets.

no Craner i wouldn't have guessed... you don't wear your heart on your sleeve as much as me.

mms

sometimes
i need to know....

I'm quite the opposite, im a cancerian but with leo rising which may be why you as a leo think i'm competitive and sly, which is something i personally don't think i am at all.

Last edited:

craner

Beast of Burden
Ignore him, he's being snarky.

I'm one of a rare line of Piscean Straussian scholars, by the way. I'm pretty special.

mms

sometimes
i was told by a person who knows quite alot about this stuff that its all rather complex so the real part of your starsign is your rising sign, which you can only get if you know the exact time of your birth etc. i guess for most people that's just a guess.